• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

captain

• Thread starter Johnny King is God
  • Start date
J

Johnny King is God

Funny thing happened in the gillingham game. Rovers doing well - skipper jacko having a good game - just scored a goal.

On comes trigger and takes the armband.

Does anyone else think this is stupid. Why change it halfway through?

Jacko is a far better skipper than mcaterr, who shouldnt be starting every game.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think yes that once one player has the armband in a match he shouldn't have it taken from him unless he is substituted. Jacko is deffo a better captain than McAteer too.

C

championship_here_we_come

Joe_TRFC said:
I think yes that once one player has the armband in a match he shouldn't have it taken from him unless he is substituted. Jacko is deffo a better captain than McAteer too.

i agree with you totally

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
JAckson knows the game well, he knows what to do Macca doesn't. Roberts had a couple of games pre-season as capatin and in my opinion he did well. Jacko deffo captain.. HEEE HEEE

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
My faith in McAteer is waining with every game he plays. Give it to Jacko for 90 minutes!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yeah I think Sharps could certainly do a job as captain, but not before Jacko though.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Yer I liek sharps he speaks his mind.

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Thing I noticed on saturday was second half, Rankine was the one doing all the things a captain should be doing (telling them to calm/settle down, cheering them on, encouraging them).