• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Cameron - Borthwick

ADD

Player
Norwood
Joins on 1 year loan from Man U. Apparently and I hadn't heard this Les Parry is responsible at Utd. to find clubs for their loan players to go to and that Man U. have been keen on this deal for a while.
This is a good signing - he has played at Premiership but lost his way a bit. MM should be able to get him motivated and let's face it we need competition at LB.....

Anyone know if he can play CB?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Always good to have competition for every position on the park.
Very positive news.
When was the last time we signed anyone (loan or other) from Man Utd?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
didn,t we sign a defender from utd some time ago? centre half I think
Scott Wootton, a centre half who hailed from Birkenhead and went on to play for Leeds among others.

I think Borthwick-Jackson has been training with us for a while and it is good for Ridehalgh to have some competition.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Good signing. At first i thought it was to deal with the injury crisis at right back. Maybe Woods is fit enough now or the three at the back and wing back set up allays any concerns there.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I think we're just trying to see how many players with double barrelled surnames we can fit in the same team. "There's only one …", perhaps not. Mind you Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro was magic, you know?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think we're just trying to see how many players with double barrelled surnames we can fit in the same team. "There's only one …", perhaps not. Mind you Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro was magic, you know?

Used to love that Akpa Akpro song. Him and Cassidy up front with robbo, a fit Wallace, Ben Gibson etc - what a team!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Used to love that Akpa Akpro song. Him and Cassidy up front with robbo, a fit Wallace, Ben Gibson etc - what a team!
We had some good players for the first few months of that season, but it was all built on quicksand was not it ? My memories of that season are not great (the second half of it anyway) and I am far happier with where we are now to be honest.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Yes, it was certainly fun while it lasted - then half the team went back to their parent clubs and the other half got injured! At one point I think we had the top 3 leading scorers in the league.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Think MM has made a good signing there. If the lad can enjoy his football he could be some player at LB. Pacey, tricky, great crosser.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Interesting comments on the United tweet about him coming to us. Marmite reaction from their fans, many believe he should still be knocking on the door of their first XI unless they’re all his agents’ fake accounts of course, lol

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
He does seem to have lost his way a bit. Out of contract at the end of this season, so hopefully he'll seize the opportunity to show why he deserves a new deal at United.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
& if anyone can bring rebellious characters back on board MM seems to be the master, then harness their talents initially to our benefit but maybe long term the parent clubs are recognising we have a good rep for returning their loanees back as better players. Les Parry’s apparent involvement in this specific loan deal would seem to make sense & have been advantageous to us.