• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Cambridge v Rovers

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Just the performance we all wanted. Determined and up for the fight. 9 more of them and we'll be OK.

Crucial period coming up now. 2 home games. Can we get maximum points?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Fantastic and much needed win just in the nick of time, as for winning against Burton I hope so but think they will be too good for us.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We need to put together a decent run now. I'd take a draw on Saturday, but drawing our remaing games wouldn't be enough. A few weeks back it looked like a lower than usual points tally might secure safety, but a lot of the teams down the bottom have come into some form. I'm hoping BBTC isn't right about a highest ever points total for survival, as it's hard to see us winning more than a couple of our remaining games and the upper 40s is my best expectation.

Rovers don't really have a defensive midfielder in the Jennings mould, which is why I thought Micky might look into the loan market again.

drwhoman

As regards the Burton team for Saturday they will be without Robbie Weir who was sent off tonight against Southend just before half time, after Southend had equalised, while McGurk went off injured after 30 mins. Whoever Rovers pick have to get stuck in and give them no peace. I see both the goals against Cambridge essentially resulted from defensive errors.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The teams currently 22nd and 23rd have 37 points from 37 games, so I would guess a points total of 47 or 48 will be enough to survive. Last night was a bit of a freak with several of the struggling sides winning; that won't happen on a regular basis.

Burton are in fantastic form at the moment and a return of four points from the next two home games would be a good achievement. With Jennings out, I think Shukes may start on Saturday.

drwhoman

Thanks RLC. Burton got a winner tonight in the 89th minute after playing with ten men for 45 mins! Shukes may well be a good option.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Shakes is quite a tidy player at this level and it would be good to have him out on the pitch. Defensive will have to be in top form on Saturday.