• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Calvin called up

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Calvin has been selected in a 28 man squad for the Congo to go off to the African Cup of Nations in Egypt this month! Great news that his form has been recognised but don't really want him to go and miss 3 important Rovers games! Is that too selfish of me??? :roll:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No...................

No no no. We need him here. He's been playing well, and we'll lose him. Sodding typical. I'm being selfish, I'm allowed to be in our position.

On a personal note, it's great for him though :D

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Persoanlly I think he owes us anyways, after that 6 months last season when we were without him, just as he hits form he disappears! Then he comes back injured I'd bet! Stay here Cal!!! :wink:

J

Johnny King is God

I thought he didnt want to go to Congo in case he got shot? Surely he wont want to play football for them? Could be snipers in the stands!

If he goes he's a tit, because he owes us from last season!

A

AndyRoo16

yup everything was goin gd....
thought it was a bit tooo gd...
but yanno Facey is comin bk...
shame 2 change a winnin team..
if he goes like....
plzzz stay Cal!!!
the Rovers want you!!

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Representing your country is an honour. As much as we need him at the moment, I think he should go.

Good on ya Calvin.

(We'll be alright as long as Delroy stays)

DixieDean

1. stop calling him Cal. It's awful.
2. he deserves it good luck to him.
3. the experience may make him an even better player, so stop being selfish, you lot!
4. stop calling him Cal. Stop it now. Stop. Especially You [points].

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
If Delroy's up to the job fitness wise we should be ok. I agree with Gray, representing your country is an honour. i know if Zola was Irish I'd want him to be available. And I'm aware that Zola's not a very Irish name!!

Good on you Calvin, best of luck mate =D> =D> =D>

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Im happy for the lad, it will be a loss for us if he goes but at the end of the day, its his chance to play for his country.

well in calvin!

S

Seanyb

DixieDean said:
1. stop calling him Cal. It's awful.
2. he deserves it good luck to him.
3. the experience may make him an even better player, so stop being selfish, you lot!
4. stop calling him Cal. Stop it now. Stop. Especially You [points].

Yeah good shout (number 3 that is!). Its only three games were missing him for. That gives some of our other strikers a chance. The only thing which doesn't help is davies getting himself suspended for his silly actions against Rotherham.

But anyway, I'm going to route for Congo and lets just hope Zola gets some games, comes back full of experience and tells some of the other Congo players to join tranmere, surely theirs a bargin in one of those players!

Player
Morrisey
I am made up for him!! Do those of you who supported him through his problems last seasonnot feel proud of him? I hope he bags a few!! Go on LAd!!

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
With everything that went on last year over there, is he in any danger :?: :?:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Well done Calvin... I think the club will want him to go even just for the experience. I'd like him to stay if he can keep up his scoring but it will be good experience and we can keep tabs on him cos there is coverage of the African Nations on BBC 3.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
nomur said:
With everything that went on last year over there, is he in any danger :?: :?:
This is an excellent point mate. I don't understand it. He seeks asylum from his country, fears for his life when he goes over there, yet gets called up to play for the national side. Am I missing something?

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
The only hope is that his country's FA have covered all of this and are confident that his safety won't be in question while he's there. I imagine that Rogers and co have covered this too, but hey you just don't know.

All in all Best of luck to him, he deserves the call up. =D> =D>

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

He's at risk if going to Congo, but he's not is he, he's going to Egypt to play for Congo. Should be alright.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot said:
He's at risk if going to Congo, but he's not is he, he's going to Egypt to play for Congo. Should be alright.

I was wondering about this. Will he be going to the Congo to train or meet his team-mates? Or will he be going straight to Egypt? After all the fuss last season about him not wanting to go back, it would seem very strange if he went back now.

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Gray said:
PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot said:

I was wondering about this. Will he be going to the Congo to train or meet his team-mates? Or will he be going straight to Egypt? After all the fuss last season about him not wanting to go back, it would seem very strange if he went back now.

Particularly given the articles in the quality press recently about thousands being killed in Congo lately.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I'm happy he has made the squad but I feel if he does go he proberley sit on the bench so I feel there is only one choice for Calvin and that is to stay at Rovers he but its totally upto him.