• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

bury wow what the hell

Player
aldo
he is a known asset stripper . and has a load of companys going under . he will take the club apart . so sad to see

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
This is shameful. Buy a club for £1 and engineer a CVA to ensure a payout. I'd love to know how much cash he's actually put in and can probably guess the answer! If I was a Bury supporter at this point I think I'd actually be willing the cub to fold and start again in the Evostik or whatever it is.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
This is shameful. Buy a club for £1 and engineer a CVA to ensure a payout. I'd love to know how much cash he's actually put in and can probably guess the answer! If I was a Bury supporter at this point I think I'd actually be willing the cub to fold and start again in the Evostik or whatever it is.

I would be surprised if he put much more than £1 in

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Steve Dale may not have good PR skills but he is no idiot. He has form and will have structured his companies and arranged his tax affairs to come out of this a richer man. He will have known the club's parlous financial state when he took it over and I understand he has split the club up in order to asset strip. It stinks and I totally agree with ONIGP. The only person who can save the club as it stands is Steve Dale and he would have done it long ago if he was going to.

When MK Franchise moved their team north up the M1, the Wimbledon fans formed their own club. It started at the bottom and look where they are now. Newport County and Accrington Stanley have done similar. It can be done.

Player
ian goodison
try and read Wednesdays daily mail report says some players on £10,000 per week should have been relegated not promoted it,s turning into a complete farce

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Steve Dale may not have good PR skills but he is no idiot. He has form and will have structured his companies and arranged his tax affairs to come out of this a richer man. He will have known the club's parlous financial state when he took it over and I understand he has split the club up in order to asset strip.
Yes, this is spot on. Dale will have anticipated the current mess from the day he took ownership of the club.

Bury can reform as a non-league club, but the sadness is that Gigg Lane - one of the historic grounds of English football - will be lost, and they are unlikely to find anywhere else in the locality to house them.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There are a number of allegations against the current owner on Bury Forums, some of them very serious indeed

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Well we now have a referee for next Saturday's game in Christopher Sarginson but are none the wiser as to whether his services will actually be required. The BBC is reporting that Dale has now turned down an offer from a previous chairman.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yep, apparently game is off.

Player
ian goodison
apparently the owner has split the football club side with the ground and piled the debt onto the former

Player
aldo
R.I.P. Bury realy sorry this is happening . its so sad . ok we have had some history between us . but we are supposed to be a football family . . just imagine if it was our brilliant club who where one day of being no more . what would we all do . i feel for there fans and staff . there owner is a dick its a wonder some one has not taken him out

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There has apparently been a credible offer for Bury, it will go to the wire but I fully expect them to survive

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, will probably go down to the last hour. Ridiculous situation.

Player
Manager
John King
It seems there could be an eleventh hour takeover: Alastair Campbell's son, believe it or not.

Player
Manager
John King
Deadline extended to Tuesday at 5pm for discussions with the potential buyer. Apparently Dale has known about this offer for ten weeks, so I still would not trust him. Bury will surely have to be thrown out on Tuesday if nothing comes of this.

The irony is that having been (rightly) criticised for allowing Day and Dale to buy Bury with no due diligence, the EFL are now being pressured by the Bury supporters and media to allow another group to buy the club having scrutinised them for a maximum of three days. You could not do due diligence on the purchase of a greengrocer's in that time, let alone a football club !

Last edited: