• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

bury wow what the hell

Player
aldo
they have not paid there staff or players for 3 months . and today have closed there offices at the club and told staff not to turn in until further notice . and fans protesting at the owners house on bank hol monday . and they have a court case on 19th june . they are up the creek with no paddle. if you where one of there players i would be off . we should be cheeky get bids in for Mayor . and one or two of there best players . i know it would get them up the fans that it but if the boot was on the other foot . its dog eat dog need to act fast . there talking of no pre season they have one game lined up and even that might not happen . looks like there might be a second team on minus points. the price of over spending to move up the lgs . thank god we have mark and nicola

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, it's not looking good for them at all. He's literally got supporters banging on his gates.
They had sold just over 1000 season tickets a few days ago with their average att about 4k.

We have sold over 3k and our average is around 6k (set to rise!).

Last edited:
Player
aldo
yes not great who would own a club . then look at the other side newcatle are looking like being taken over by the cousin of the city owners and alao billion aires .

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Don't buy a club unless you are:
1. Seriously rich with money to burn
AND
2. Extremely thick-skinned.

I am neither, so I won't be buying even Tranmere Rovers.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the biggest issue with Bury's two recent owners was that they were completely irresponsible, regardless of their wealth. There are plenty of reasonable owners who are not particularly well-heeled, including our own.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
As AM says, a bid for Mayor might be worth it. It would pay some of the wages although it wouldn't make a dent in the overall debt.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I doubt we could afford Mayor. One of the bigger / wealthier League One clubs will probably sign him, and he might even interest a few in the Championship. However, there are other decent players in the Bury squad that we could realistically sign.

Player
aldo
yes and my thinking is if they not been paid for 3 months they will prob wont out so if mm wont,s them now might be the best time hit em when down you just never know

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If they haven't been paid, their employment contracts have been broken. I don't know what the EFL rules are, but legally they should be free agents.

Player
aldo
thats what im thinking breach of contract if i don,t get paid for 3 weeks no matter months im off to the next place to pay me

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
An awful mess. The EFL's fit and proper test clearly doesn't work. And I can't see an Arab sheikh pitching up any time soon. Knowing the parties involved, it can only end in tears for all concerned. Very sad.

Player
aldo
now there team is being torn apart o,shea has gone to Australia to join Robbie fowlers heat . mayor looks like going to ipswich . and loads more moving . they not been paid in 3 months . the EFL are a joke at times . letting some owners who the vet get away with some bad stuff

Player
aldo
they where supposed to be back training at bury tomorrow . but have now said there is no one to train the few players they have left . all of there staff have left and all of there best players to . feel for the fans who rightley are in melt down . they only have one pre season game and even that looks like being called off . its a real bad place at the mo

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Aimson to Plymouth, Maynard to Mansfield, Stokes to Stevenage; they're all dropping into L2!