• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bury v Rovers JPT

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Another trip to Gigg Lane, where we lost 2-0 in the League about 6 weeks ago. I can never remember how many players from the last starting xi, have to start the next game under JPT rules either 5 or 6. Assuming that it's 6, given Micky remarks about featuring some of the fringe players, I would expect us to line up something like this;

Brezovan
Donacien Holness Thompson Ihiekwe Holmes
Rowe Laird Baggie
Richards Johnson

It doesn't look a particularly balanced side, but if we're persisting with 532, I couldn't see Baggie having the defensive ability to play wing-back. Whatever the line-up, we look like losing this one.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think Boz's starting line up is about right as Micky has said he will have given every player ninety minutes by the end of this week. The front pairing of Richards and Johnson may be a bit lightweight, but I will be happy if Odejayi does not start.

Bury will also play a weakened side, so I think we may actually have some chance in this game.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This one is difficult to call as we don't know how seriously each club will take it. I expect it to be close and to go to the team/players with most to prove, which I hope will be TRFC.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Excellent result, now if we can get something from Saturdays game then things will look a lot better

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Looking at the team, we looked great defensively, OK in midfield, but a little lightweight up front and the match stats look poor, so it must have been some performance. I look forward to the reports.

drwhoman

Great win and with Koumas and Woodards coming back we can be quite positive. As BBTC says we could do with a bit more upfront. Richards and the two loanees are fine but Donnelly and Odejayi are a waste of space. Maybe Micky can find someone in Jan.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The match stats are misleading actually, as it was a well deserved win and our best performance of the season. We played some really good football and the players who came into the side - Rowe, Baggie - did themselves no harm at all. The victory is all the more creditable when you consider the number of regulars we had missing and the strength of the team Bury started with.

Jennings and Power were excellent in midfield and the front pairing of Johnson, with Baggie in behind, worked well. Overall, we wanted the win more and it was great to see the confidence visibly return to the players as the game progressed. Both our goals were good, a thirty yard free kick from Max and a poacher's effort from Johnson after a good move. In the second half we sat a bit too deep but defended comfortably, bar one great close range save late on from Brezovan.

Unbeaten in five and through in both cups, hopefully the season is really turning round for us now.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Unbeaten in five and through in both cups, hopefully the season is really turning round for us now.
This is the key. Unbeaten under Micky and you can now start to see the confidence coming back to the players. Excellent result last night. Let's hope we can make it back to back wins.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Let's hope we can make it back to back wins.
Ian, did you forget we have just had back to back wins after Saturday's FA Cup result! A strange statistic is that we are in mid-November and have won more cup matches this season than league games!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha, yes. Oops. I meant in the league :D

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
This was a very encouraging result. I'd hope that the goal might fire up Johnson's confidence a bit, he looks a decent player, but things not quite gone for him so far. It will be good if the fringe players gave Micky a selection headache with their performances.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm glad he's giving everyone the opportunity to claim their place in the first XI. It's should provide healthy competition, keep everyone on their toes and improve performances individually.