• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Burnley Friendly

ADD

Player
Norwood
I read that we played a strong Burnley side at their training ground today - they played 2 sides against us and Accrington Stanley at the same time and swapped opposition at half time! They beat Stanley 8-0 but we ended up beating them 3-2 ! Much more like it!
Delighted to see that Mullin and Miller both scored which is excellent - Connor the other one - not seen what team we put out to start and how many changes we made - report below for info

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Miller and Mullin were also the most impressive forwards against Liverpool. I get the feeling they will get first dibs on the striking positions.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It was a full strength Burnley team.

First half: Hart, Dunne, Tarkowski, Gibson, Pieters, Lennon, Cork, Benson, Brady, Hendrick, Vydra.
Second half: Heaton, Koiki, Long, Mee, Lowton, McNeil, Westwood, Jones (N’Guessan 65), Gudmundsson, Rodriguez, Wood.

A hell of a result that !

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Miller still feels like a new signing as we saw so little of him last season.

Player
aldo
one little concern is that we have conceded a fair few goals so far .. but at least its a win and some goals ........ its a little strange how we have not played some of the local teams we sent the kids to lairds .. roll on the first game of the season think mullin is gonna be the big boy up top

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, it does feel like this is the right time for Mullin to step up. We will soon see whether or not he is good enough at this level but he certainly deserves a chance.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Mullin definitely deserves a chance - his strike rate last season was decent although he’s never scored more than say a dozen in a season at league 2 level.
I’ll be amazed if he’s capable of getting say 15 or more in league one but fingers crossed.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I’ll be amazed if he’s capable of getting say 15 or more in league one but fingers crossed.
Me too, but like RLC says, I think the goals will need to be shared out this season. We don't have a hitman up front capable of getting 20+. We've been spoiled with Norwood and Cook. It's going to be an interesting one.