• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Building a team 2006-07

ok

any thoughts

i am thinking

Actherberg
Stockdale ???? ???? Tremarco​
????? ????? ????? Ellison
Greenacre ?????

Any help guys on who you would like to see filling the gaps!!!!!!!!!!!​

B

Banana Army

Macca in one of the middle slots and Sharpey in one of the CB positions and maybe even Goodison in the other (as long as hes not at LB i dnt mind). Shuker on the right would be good as well. As for The other Striker and CM i've no idea, maybe Calvin will come good up front with a creative influence in Ellison and possibly shuker on the wings.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Al Jolson Singing Mammy said:
ok

any thoughts

i am thinking

Actherberg
Stockdale ???? ???? Tremarco​
????? ????? ????? Ellison
Greenacre ?????

Any help guys on who you would like to see filling the gaps!!!!!!!!!!!​
Not sure when Achto will be playing again. I expect we'll need a new goalie for the beginning of the season.
I've heard the Gavin Ward rumour but is there any chance we could get Dino Seremet?

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Looking a bit like this now:

team8es.gif

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Is Ian Sharps definitely going? Not sure that's a wise move by Ronnie. Sherrif has work permit issues to resolve.

Also, what's happened to some of the reserves; Brown, Fowler, James?

It's very confusing at present:-k

Player
Morrisey
I think and hope that RM will utilise the youth system we have. He did comment at one point that we will have a squad of about 18 and then there will be room for the youth to impress and play a role.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Very true SWA. He did say the core squad would be trimmed down which would allow younger players to impress. However I get the impression Ronnie is looking to play experienced players, obviously play the ones he's signed and look to the youth for backup.

Looking at NBDH linup there, it's quite exciting seeing new names in there. I'm gladly Ronnie is really shaking things up. I think it would fantastic if we could fill that right wing position with the likes of Shuker. With Ellison on the left also it certainly fits into Ronnies attacking and positive ethic.

Greenacre and Taylor up front is a tasty duo with goals in it, and even the defence looks solid, with Tremarco and Stockdale as wing backs, Linwood (maybe) and Sherriff in the centre, getting rid of the dead wood that is Sharps, Jackson and Goodison.

Even Gavin Ward at 35 is a solid bet in goal to provide cover for Achterberg (lets hope his recovery is going well!).

I wonder who else Ronnie is looking at. I'd certainly like to think he's looking at a creative midfielder as thats one of the areas we are lacking.

My head is spinning. I've not seen so much activity at PP for years!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It certainly is exciting times at Tranmere... I'd be made up if we sign Shuker and that McLaren looks certain to sign so you could put him in the team too.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
Looking a bit like this now:

team8es.gif
If you stick Paul McLaren into this team sheet, It's looking really positive, and with so many new signings we've really got something to look forward to!!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
My team, should everyone be fit:

Achterberg
Stockdale-Sherriff-Sharps-Tremarco
A.N.Other-McAteer-Mullin-Ellison
Greenacre-Taylor

Would like to see a pacey right winger like Shuker signed up too, but reasonably happy the way Ronnie seems to be working.

Player
Morrisey
maybe Brown is ear-arked for the right wing. or maybe he wil play jennings! Do all these signings suggest that macca is not playing next season?

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
I realy do hope he does not play jennings :twisted: . How that guy got a new contract is beside me. I can only think that he is BL love child!!!!.

His lackluster performances last season cost us in so many games. He picked up near the end but is no were near good enough to play 1st team. The same goes with Harrison, i dont rate him at all. The midfield signings to date show promise and i just hope the team can get a good run going at the start.

Another 3 players i think could be on the way. Maybe 4 depending on Acterbergs injury.

RM hasnt let us down let. COME ON THE BOYS!!!! :-D

B

Banana Army

Banana Army said:
I heard he was off to Chester

Ooooo who's the man! A week prior as well! For my next trick i will predict that Scolari will show more emotion than Ericson on Saturday