• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Broomes

DWaltz

Signed on a non-contract basis and is on the bench at Yeovil.

People asked for more experienced centre half, at least with non-contract it means we can have a look at him. I think Gunning will have his deal lengthened too if he looks decent.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Assume that he was signed very late in the day, hence why we only heard about it just before kick off yesterday. And also presume that he isn't all that fit because if I were Barnes, I'd have started him with his experience to help the young lads. If he can build up a bit of fitness, would hope he can start on Tuesday. Actually think he's a very good defender and could improve the squad. Whether he is a long term option for Rovers with the funding looking low, only time will tell.

Some info on the player:

Started his career at Blackburn Rovers where he played nearly 40 games in the Premier League. While at Blackburn, he enjoyed loan spells at Swindon Town, QPR and our next opponents Grimsby Town. Then once leaving Ewood Park in 2001, he spent 7 seasons in the Championship with Sheffield Wednesday, Preston North End and Stoke City. Last season he began at Blackpool but only played once for the Tangerines before moving to Crewe where he played nearly 20 times.

So he's been around and I think he's a good defender on the occasions that I've seen him play. Could be a good option for us. Welcome to Tranmere, Marlon!