• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Braintree v Rovers FA Cup 1st round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King

Me too. I'll bet the club are as well as we have lost the tv fee and will now have to fork out for another overnight stay. At least we should have a couple more players available for the rearranged game.

There are rumours going round that the replayed game will be on ITV3/4, but I don't know whether there is any truth in this.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
i have ...but that means i know more than you lot ..which ain,t difficult is it!

Bring back ATKINS..:cold:

Well I looked through the Complete History, but we don't ever seem to have had an Atkins playing for Rovers.

If you mean your mate Lucas, try missing out the 'T'

It's a shame today's game was off, a chance for our players to impress in front of the cameras and the club to make a bit of money. If we do eventually go through a home tie against 6-goal Chesterfield awaits.

Player
Manager
John King
If we do eventually go through a home tie against 6-goal Chesterfield awaits.

On a positive note, those six goals came against......Hartlepool. Pools are now 14 games without a win, so fingers crossed they don't appoint a new manager before Wednesday.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Shame we'll lose the TV money and the exposure, but on balance I thuink we will benefit from the postponement more than Braintree. They will have been building up to it and feel deflated. Our injury situation SHOULD be better.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Gutted game off and the lost revenue may have helped towards Cassidy replacement come Jan.

Could the club not have insured against game being off in the same manner sponsors insure against a hole in one when there is a big prize on offer in golf. Just guessing the money involved, but a £5k premium would not have been a bad investment to guarantee a pay out in the event of game off?:-k

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Yep been confirmed 13th November, live on ITV4...so that''s gonna be a bloody busy few days, with the sky game 72 hours later...

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Time to go again, hopefuly this time we will get it done and out the way, without a replay required....come on Rovers!!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I wonder, given the important game on Friday v Franchise, whether Ronnie might be tempted to rest Wallace, given he's one yellow away from a ban.

Braintree got back to winning ways at the weekend and I don't expect this will be easy.

Player
Manager
John King
I think the key for Rovers is the return to form of the back four in the last two games, with Taylor and Gibson looking really solid once again. With Robinson back in the side I do expect us to win tomorrow, possibly by a couple of goals. Boz makes an interesting point about Wallace, but I would imagine he will play given that we are already without Palmer.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
i think we should win the game by at least 2 or 3 goals but like ronnie said Braintree will be no pushovers and they will be up for it it is a typical banana skin this game.they are the underdogs and if the weather has been raining there the pitch will be heavy but we are the league club and we must stamp our authority on proceedings and advance to round 2 .:whistle:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No McGurk, injured again? Only 6 on the bench for Rovers, presume a late injury as it would have made sense to have given one of the youngsters like Conchie some match experience.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Did I just hear we payed 70,000 quid for Thompson?

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
yep....70k apparantley....

on another note, with gibbo and jervis allowed to play, anyone else reckon we will have gibbo till end of season and jervis standby for cass not returning?

Player
Manager
John King
It was 20k we paid for Thompson, the commentator got that one wrong. Good performance and great result, but I can't believe the injuries; McGurk, Thompson and Taylor all crocked, albeit we don't know how seriously yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.