• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

bolton

Player
aldo
the bolton are on the verge of administration . some loan they havent or cant pay . if so -10 points that will be a hard season for them i know some people have gripes with the bolton but dont wish it on eney club. sad but sure they will pull through

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Can we dock them 20 points instead!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
And they've just bought Doidge for a 7 figure sum? WTF?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, some people never learn!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
And they've just bought Doidge for a 7 figure sum? WTF?
Yes, absolutely ridiculous. Administration is almost a soft option for clubs like Bolton, and it is the local businesses (their creditors) that suffer.

drwhoman

Nice one MH! Did they really pay 1m or is this someone's 'joke'? BTW I heard that they could lose 12 and not 10 points. We will see.

drwhoman

I see that Bolton have reached a deal repaid their creditor and reduced liabilities by 1.5m. It looks like the creditor took a discount rather than risk losing more in an adminisration. Bolton have started the season ok.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I've slightly mixed feelings about this and any other club who are living beyond their means. One part of me thinks that clubs like our own are being penalised by having sound finances, the other has some sympathy for the fans of clubs when the chickens come home to roost. Having said that those chickens have not been doing much roosting and football clubs, especially ones that have overstretched themselves, have shown an almost unbelievable resilience. The urge to overspend to reach the league "where we belong" is a big one, especially when you consider that probably half of the 72 (including us) believe that they are competing at least one league below their "traditional" level.

Player
aldo
see there new owner has gone bust twice and nearly killed watford . cleaver club that one. must be a night mare supporting them

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Great ground, great history, rubbish owners. At least the fans have got two out of three. ;)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I see Bury are now in huge financial difficulty with another winding up order being served after failing to pay employees their March wages. I can't be any good for morale and explains their last couple of results. Interesting times..

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
So many clubs seem to have financial issues. Given our lack of investment for many years, the successive relegations and three years in the NL, we would be expected to be on our uppers. The fact the club is in such good position shows what can be done with good owners. It makes you proud to be a Tranmere supporter.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We’ve been very fortunate with recent owners and have to hope when the Palioi move on, their successor is of equal quality.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We’ve been very fortunate with recent owners and have to hope when the Palioi move on, their successor is of equal quality.
We all hope so too. While Mark and Nicola look like they could be around for a while, they have not yet hinted what their succession plan is. I would not rule out the club staying in the family as Sophie Palios is Financial Controller & Company Secretary, while Emma Palios is on the International Desk.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am not sure Palios's children would want the responsibility of owning and running the club. I think MP has said all along he will eventually seek outside investment, although how easy it will be to find the right investor remains to be seen.

Player
aldo
he has said he is looking to get that investment sooner rather than later . so he is looking now . . just a waiting game we know he has had offers for the club but he has turned them down . in the palie we trust

Player
ian goodison
as BBTC says we owe mark & Nicola a huge debt of thanks one other pleasing thing is the crowds never deserted us and at times this season have been magnificant