• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Blackpool Res 0-4 Tranmere Res

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
A good win for the reserves in the cup I think it was...they won 0-4 at Blackpool but haven't got any details as yet. Hopefully the 1st team can do the same.

A

Anonymous

A mate of mine that went said Davies scored a hat trick. Why wasnt he on the bench last night!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
good result!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Davies will be quality in a few years if he keeps improving and he should be making the bench week in week out. However who would you have dropped out of Facey who before last night had 3 in 3 and now has 4 in 4 or Greenacre who is fan favourite and Little would get ripped to pieces if he dropped him?

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Brillant result again. Doesn't anyone think we should play some of our reserves in the first team?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
well I feel daggers should deffo.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

bolton_hater said:
well I feel daggers should deffo.
#

I feel he should be a sub but I very happy with Facey and Greenacre are doing very well together. They are both shining in my eyes at the mo!!

M

Matthew The Rover

Another Brown assist, another four goals for the Dagnall/Davies partnership. Things are looking good for the future.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Davies should be first to be given a go on saturday if we need a goal IMO.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Dagnall is a good little player, no doubt, although setting up two goals and scoring one yourself against Blackpool reserves isn't going to set the world alight, he is due a chance with the firsts - just a shame that the knock he's picked up will put him out for two weeks.

So Davies and Brown should, as the other star performers in the reserves, be the ones that the manager is looking toward to enliven, re-invigorate the first team - but I'm not holding my breath that he'll do it.

Player
Morrisey
I think that Davies and daggers should be given the odd start! then Greenacre and facey will be put under pressure to perform even better. Brown could be the spark in our midfield to get it going again.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Considering the midfield is not our strongest of areas, I'm bemused as to why Little hasn't given Brown a chance this season. He's obviously giving the youngsters more chances, but why not Brown?

Maybe he isn't one of Little's 'favourites'.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Little has said he is not consistent enough in training and to be fair when he was on loan at Accrington he was mainly on the bench. Whether he is going to change and become consistent enough to warrant a first team place is up to him.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I dont think Brown is ready for first team yet and I think we sould go 4-3-3 tomorrow with Davies up frt with Facey and Greenacre bot i know that won't happen like. I feel Dagnall needs aa run in the first team but I feel Facey, Greenacre and Davies are ahead of him