• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Big Steve!!

ADD

Player
Norwood
I see he is leaving at the end of his contract next month - wonder if talk of a coaching role didn't pan out or was it rather that he wanted to keep playing??

Either way he has been a Colossus for us (no pun intended) and his contribution was absolutely immense - I know we will all wish him the very best for the future and who knows maybe he will be back one day in some capacity. Thanks!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would think he will play on for another year in the National league, true leader good luck for the future

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, wish him all the best for the future. Superb for us, instrumental in our revival and a real leader on the pitch.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Steve was one of our greatest ever captains, and just what we needed after relegation to the Conference. Good luck to the big man in his next move.

Player
ian goodison
remember him here with luton and thinking what a size then watched him boss the game, wherever he goes have nothing but best wishes for him

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It was a great way for Steve to bow out, with an impressive performance keeping out Newport. Will be interesting to see what he does next. Carrying an injury which may have been a factor in the dip in his form at the start of 2019, but if he's over that, still capable of continuing on the playing side.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Really good interview on YT with big Steve about his career interviews by his ex Fleetwood teammate Gareth seddon.
Lots of references to Micky - many positive with Steve clearly upset that micky didn’t keep his promises over a coaching role when we went up.
Clearly wants to go into coaching so maybe he’ll be back at PP one day - only lives 5 mins away

it’s an hour and 20mins long but some funny stories

Reactions: Ian