• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Cup Barnsley v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Manny Monthe has had more decent games in a Rovers shirt than George
Ray was better than him today though and deserves his chance. Monthe was erratic again and still looks like his head is elsewhere.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Mixed bag really. Our terrible history at Oakwell continues and we offered little threat in the second half after an encouraging opening 45 minutes.

The positives were decent performances from both full-backs, hope Rides isn't going to be out after going off injured if we're without Macdonald already. Khan did quite well defensively but was wasteful with set-pieces, Woolery used his pace to good effect on occasion and Spearing had a good all-round performance. On the flip-side, Monthe coupled his now usual weak distribution with a couple of defensive errors, but the biggest disappointment for me was Blackett-Taylor, messing up the chance to free Jake Burton and running into dead ends.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ray was better than him today though and deserves his chance. Monthe was erratic again and still looks like his head is elsewhere.
I didn't see anything from Ray today that elevated him above Mark Ellis tbh. His main contribution was to be in the right place to block the first half attempt at an open goal. However agree Monthe was disappointing.

Player
Manager
John King
I didn't see anything from Ray today that elevated him above Mark Ellis tbh. His main contribution was to be in the right place to block the first half attempt at an open goal. However agree Monthe was disappointing.
Ray's positioning and reading of the game was good throughout. I was comparing him to Monthe, not the other centre halves, and given the players available I think he deserved to start today.

I want players in the side that actually want to be at the club, and Monthe apparently does not.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
As Boz says CBT was disappointing. Was tough for him of course but at times he could hardly control the ball and his first touch was poor. Still very hit and miss

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ray's positioning and reading of the game was good throughout. I was comparing him to Monthe, not the other centre halves, and given the players available I think he deserved to start today.
I'm curious as to why you think he deserved to start ahead of Ellis, assuming Mark was fully fit? He didn't do anything wrong today, but for me the best defending came from the full-backs and Jay Spearing.

Player
Manager
John King
I'm curious as to why you think he deserved to start ahead of Ellis, assuming Mark was fully fit? He didn't do anything wrong today, but for me the best defending came from the full-backs and Jay Spearing.
I don't think he deserved to start ahead of Ellis, assuming he was fit. I think he deserved to start ahead of Monthe.

Player
Manager
John King
As Boz says CBT was disappointing. Was tough for him of course but at times he could hardly control the ball and his first touch was poor. Still very hit and miss
He was consistent under Dawes but seems to have gone backwards in the last few weeks.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think this is the type of player CBT is though and it's why he's still playing in division two. On his day, he's a real handful but he's too inconsistent. Frustrating. I have to give a lot of credit to Ray today too. I don't rate him particularly but he was very good today.

Player
aldo
you could see mammy just is not focused if he wants out then get rid of and bring hungry lads who want to play for the shirt

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think this is the type of player CBT is though and it's why he's still playing in division two. On his day, he's a real handful but he's too inconsistent. Frustrating. I have to give a lot of credit to Ray today too. I don't rate him particularly but he was very good today.

I agree Ian about CBT. Which is why he needs to stay with us to improve rather than go up a division after a few decent games for us and warm a bench for a while