• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Barnes Out Petition

DonkeyOatey

Player
George Yardley
Sign it now

4-0 after 27 minutes - if you haven't signed the petition yet, let this convince you![-X

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
this proves he has to go millwall hardly scored till this game, it could reach double figures at this rate. He cant organise a team weve so far conceded 25 goals what a farce.

CompostCorner

Id love to be a fly on the window on the team coach on the way home .i reckon barnes has already told his missus that hes handing his resignation in FIRST THING MONDAY MORNING ! are you reading this barnes ? oh yeh,rotherham won .

Its not hard to understand

I dont have any axe to grind with John Barnes, I'm neither for or against him. But I do see the problem at the club and who is the cause of it - step forward Mr. Johnson.

The manager, and it does not matter one jot who it is, is so strapped for support from Johnson in any way shape or form it should not come as any suprise to see the team struggling so badly.

Nothing will improve until Johnson goes. Pack up the ridiculous petition for Barnes out and put pressure on the real culprit.

Support for the team and the manager is welcome, why not put pressure on Johnson at the next home game live on T V and show who really is to blame, our greedy, greedy Mr. Johnson. Wouldnt it be nice to know exactly what the full financial position is over the entire period of his ownership? I'll happily bet that hes taken out far more than hes ever put in - hes a businessman - thats what he does, trades on our loyalty while ripping off the club.

Johnson out.

jonesy_barrow

Player
Moore
I'd like to see a new face at the club we need to get things sorted out, Johnson needs to pull his finger out and start supporting the club or he could just pack up his bags and leave?

John Barnes is a legend in football, Playing that is, not sure if he can cut it as a manager though, Maybe he'll have a few games to see if he can sort things out, if not i can't see the future being bright for him at rovers.

Johnovegas

Player
Pat nevin, johnny morrisey, chris malkin
I agree with bootle rover about lack of support from pj, only 10/12 years ago we were arguably bigger and better than the likes of Wigan, burnley, Bolton at some point maybe even stoke. Look what a bit of support from board and good manager can achieve. Barnes is not the man to lead us, macateer is not a good right hand man and peter Johnson is a wanker. End of.

DixieDean

our greedy, greedy Mr. Johnson. Wouldnt it be nice to know exactly what the full financial position is over the entire period of his ownership? I'll happily bet that hes taken out far more than hes ever put in - hes a businessman - thats what he does, trades on our loyalty while ripping off the club.

Johnson out.

I'd happily take that bet my friend. There is no way in this world that Johnson has taken out more than he's put in. If that was the case there would be no Tranmere Rovers football club. Tranmere is not (and never has been) a profitable club - certainly in the last 30 years anyhow. We've always need funding. Johnson's millions funded us and took us to a higher division and closer to the top flight that any Rovers fan could have wished.

And we are heading back to where it all started. The foot of the old division 4. This time next year we'll be there I'm sure. Beyond that, don't be surprised if the local derbies against Chester and Wrexham return - in the Conference.

Blame Johnson if you like, but if he hadn't stepped in when he did, the club would not have had the 'wonder years' and tranmere fans would not have all those great memories of Nevin, Aldridge and company ripping bigger clubs apart at Prenton Park. I firmly believe TRFC would either be out of business altogether, or playing the likes of Southport on a regular basis, probably at Shaftsbury boys club, with a supermarket sitting where Prenton Park once did.

M

Mal

Fully Agree 'Dixie Dean'. Perhaps we should do more Johnson wax lyricalling.

DIW

Player
Goodison
4-0 after 27 minutes - if you haven't signed the petition yet, let this convince you![-X

I won't be signing the petition because it is a complete waste of time and so far has been signed by Cilla Black (unlikely she's interested I think) and Jimmy Corkhill (fictional character).
I've only looked at one page so far and if that's the measure of the 'names' on there then the petition makes the club look even more of a laughing stock.
I'm not defending Barnes, his team are making that impossible, but lets not reduce our own dignity as fans to such a pathetic level.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Blame Johnson if you like, but if he hadn't stepped in when he did, the club would not have had the 'wonder years' and tranmere fans would not have all those great memories of Nevin, Aldridge and company ripping bigger clubs apart at Prenton Park. I firmly believe TRFC would either be out of business altogether, or playing the likes of Southport on a regular basis, probably at Shaftsbury boys club, with a supermarket sitting where Prenton Park once did.

People shouldn't bash Johnson, other than to ask him to act quicker to give Barnes to boot. It's obvious to me where the failure is.

I see us ending the season in a position of around 15th. I also see a better situation next season.

We can pull this view apart after the next 10 games have been completed.

I'm just a cock-eyed optimist

Yes you're completely cockeyed at the moment. I see us ending the season mid-table under another manager, but under Barnes the only place I see us ending is rock bottom last, and cut well adrift of the rest of the league.

We've given it the 10 games people said to hold off before passing judgement. In fact we've had 11 league matches.

We've scored 9 times in those 11 matches but let in a whopping 26.

On "average" we've lost 3-1. Millwall's "average result" is to draw 1-1 and after beating us are up to mid-table, they stuffed us 5-0. There's no bright side, we are bottom of the pile.

Although I do think the Colchester draw was a fair result, if Colchester had finished a fraction of the chances we gave them, then we would have lost - in short we got lucky and got a draw when on another day the result could have been worse. We aren't going to get lucky 35 times to get draws for the rest of the season... so I can't see where your optimism comes from!

M

Mal

http://www.imdb.com/BornWhere?Birkenhead, Cheshire, England, UK

Think that explains Jason's role.....

By the way, Higgins-Worshipper, I think it wasn't so much cockeyed as cockneyed,yesterday. (well, near enough).

I also think the players, who are paid-"professionals' owe Barnes some good performances. At the moment they seem more like a bunch of park-playing amateurs.:shock:

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
LMAO

13. Jason McAteer (actor)

Losing against the cockneys at their place wasn't a total surprise, no... surely you accept that the manner of the defeat, the total capitulation isn't acceptable?

You can't blame the players. If they're under-performing then it's up to the man-management skills of the gaffer to do what it takes to get them playing, be it a kick up the backside, or a quiet word of encouragement. But the thing is Barnes isn't currently the gaffer, because that requires some respect.

Thing is, the lads aren't under performing.. they're being BADLY LED. The manager is tactically out of his league, and this is visible on the pitch.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
John Barnes clearly isn't cut out for management. However, PJ and his croonies are to blame for giving him the job in the first place. The best thing they can do is acknowledge they made a mistake, get rid of Barnes and move on ASAP. If they dont act quick, the blame then starts shifting onto them.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Johnson out.

He's trying. Do you think he's making money from owning Tranmere? LOL. He'd sell tomorrow if there was a buyer.

That's not to say I'm a fan. But lol @ fan pressure for Johnson to quit the club - yeah, and call in that £5.5m loan we owe him? Good plan.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
This thread

This thread has 8 pages!! And has attracted a whopping 3,000 views! I think that says it all.

Johnovegas

Player
Pat nevin, johnny morrisey, chris malkin
God help us next week if barnes still in charge for further humiliation on LIVE tv.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
God help us next week if barnes still in charge for further humiliation on LIVE tv.

Yeah. I've heard a lot of people say the exact same thing this week. With how it's been and the nature of the performances, we could become a joke on live TV too!

Arwyn

Player
George Santos
keep Barnes!

This thread has 8 pages!! And has attracted a whopping 3,000 views! I think that says it all.

I vote give him more time.... That's why i viewed. It's not hard to stay up, we have time yet.... and i'm NOT having Little back!

Player
Goodison
He's had nearly a quarter of the season and has mustered 2 wins and a minus 17 goal difference! If Barnes does not go Tranmere will be relegated. Lets get a manager next time[-o<