• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Barnes Out Petition

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
I'm not willing to do this just yet as I believe we should give them a little more time, people forget Sir Alax was nearly sacked from Man Utd in his first season and if it wasn't for there chairman giving him a chance where would they have been today, Not that i'm saying JB is like Sir Alex but I do believe we should give them a bit longer maybe 20 games.......

Player
Liam Palmer
Can't support that either. Don't like what I'm seeing but I think it's far too early to talk about ousting Barnes and Macca. They deserve a chance and they deserve our support too. Sorry to be swimming against the tide of brown stuff.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I won't sign this and I don't think it will make any difference anyway

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Nah - waste of everyones time.

Barnes etc is irrelevant

Come on chaps wake up, its got nothing to do with John Barnes. No one would be able to do the job required while being hamstrung by our chairmans policy and attitude.

Accept we will go down a division, the only good news would be getting sold by Johnson and a rebuilding job starting based on our youth policy.
Everything else you may wish for is beyond reach. Live with it, dont boo the team, dont call for Barnes out, stay loyal and look to the future.
You know it makes sense.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
You serious?

Player
Goodison
No one would be able to do the job required while being hamstrung by our chairmans policy and attitude.

Accept we will go down a division, the only good news would be getting sold by Johnson and a rebuilding job starting based on our youth policy.
Everything else you may wish for is beyond reach. Live with it, dont boo the team, dont call for Barnes out, stay loyal and look to the future.
You know it makes sense.

What are you on about?! We have a very decent team on paper which is been poorly managed by Mr Barnes (I wont call him a manager because he isn't one) Why would PJ want to relegate the club in order to sell it? You don't have to be Alan Sugar to work out he would get less money for it.

Get Real!

DixieDean

I'm not willing to do this just yet as I believe we should give them a little more time, people forget Sir Alax was nearly sacked from Man Utd in his first season and if it wasn't for there chairman giving him a chance where would they have been today, Not that i'm saying JB is like Sir Alex but I do believe we should give them a bit longer maybe 20 games.......

Is your surname McAteer by any chance? :-k

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
if we give jb 20 games we will be lucky to have more than 15 points and will be a long way from safety

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There is no sign with Barnes that we're heading in the right direction. Take the Exeter game, despite creating a few more chances, Exeter still had 60% possession.

With Johnson I do feel his communication is appaling. What exactly are his plans for Rovers if he doesn't sell at the price he wants, what levels of support in terms of crowds is he aiming for, given the excuse peddled for getting rid of Ronnie. i think we should be told...

Johnson says he is reducing club debt - who to - himself of course. The lower the debts are the easier it is to sell and he gets to take out continually.
No need to quote Alan Sugar - its common business practice by rip off merchants like Johnson. Its called asset stripping. And if he could make more money by selling the training ground and Prenton then he would happily go down that route. You never he may yet.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
if we give jb 20 games we will be lucky to have more than 15 points and will be a long way from safety

If we give barnes 20 games we will be lucky to have more than 3 points and
AAAAAAARGHHH my fugging GAH AHAUHASUIOHOAS IEDIOPSJDF waaatt aaa ffakkgh baaasstaaarrd.

M

Mal

It is ridiculous to get rid after less than 10 games...... Let us see where we are after 20. Unless of course you all expend your negative energies on petitioning the public of Birkenhead to turn up and provide some funding..... Thought not. Symptomatic of UK today, whinge but don't do anything positive to help change things. Fact, even under Ronnie, the away form was appalling. Fact, virtrually the whole team disappeared requiring a rebuild. Fact, Barnes has not opted for second-best defenders who would be no better than what we have, BASED ON FUNDS AVAILABLE! We have no money. Fact. Therefore, it seems that apart from supporters before the 'halcyon' days, there is a high degree of fantasy as regards the situation. Most of you who whinge about Barnes, whinged about Ronnie and whinged about Little, and whinged about Aldridge when things got bad. The sad fact is that the common factor is 'the players'. Nice bunch, as always, but lack killer instinct. Been that way since around 1999 (apart from some cup runs). I've beeen in the Kop and watched in amazement as some rabid monkeys became red-faced and blue-veined with abuse of some of the players. What on earth is that about? Let us all become true supporters and try and raise the player spirits, somehow. Rant over.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Nah. I was not convinced by Little even when things were going well, and I never liked Aldo. I was behind Ronnie when he was taking a lot of flack. I've been one of the few who have been suggesting that Barnes should be given more time, and I'd be the first one to make the usual excuses for him as justification for this. But 7 (I think?) defeats in a row is inexcusible and his recent post-match interviews have been nothing short of appauling. If we lose at the weekend, time's up.

Yes under Ronnie the away form was shocking, correct, but I don't go to away games. As such I was happy to pay for my season ticket knowing that I'd turn up to PP every week watching a team that was performing confidently and winning games. And we were a few minutes away from the playoffs last year. Right now under Barnes we'd be rock bottom but for Southamptons point deduction.

You say we expect too much from an average bunch of players - do you think that we have the worst squad in the league? If not, and yet we're (effectivley) bottom of the table, I would ask who you think we should point the blame at.

You also say there's no money - Barnes has a bigger squad at his disposal than Ronnie did last year. No excuses there.

M

Mal

There was a graph in the times that compared success against money laid out on the team. Guess what. Overall , money breeds success. What about Mr. Woods doing something positive and organising some fund-raising... Anyone can organise a petition to complain about something. Easy, because people in UK like to complain. Look at BBCs HYS, for example. I still want to see how things stand after 20 games because bringing in someone else won't change anything in 10 games. Through stability comes strength.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I agree that stability in football is underrated, which is why I was upset to see Moore sacked after we'd already lost the spine of a successful squad. But you still have to get the right man for the job. Barnes has done nothing to illustrate that he is capable and we have no reason to believe in him. We can't even look at his past record as a means of justifying that he's a good manager going through rough times. It's not his fault that we appointed him underqualified, but this is a mistake that PJ needs to rectify as soon as possible.

People like to complain, true. But as season ticket holders/paying supporters, we're responsible for paying Barnes' wages and we have a right to take a stance on issues such as this. I don't think our fans have unrealistic expectations, and I think that most would have settled for a mid-table finish this season. You're correct that money breeds success, and in terms of our financial position within this league, we'd probably sit around 13th. As such, anything above this could be seen as overachievment and should be praised - anything below is underachievement and should be seen as unacceptable. We're effectivley 24th. There are better managed teams sitting above us with smaller budgets.

M

Mal

I am convinced that things will improve. I have see 'pockets' of good football played that give me hope. Give it 20 games and if we haven't won 5 games by then.....

TRFC_Ian

Player
Aldo
I am convinced that things will improve. I have see 'pockets' of good football played that give me hope. Give it 20 games and if we haven't won 5 games by then.....

Then we will be almost certainly down and heading towards administration...........

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Guess what. Overall , money breeds success.

You could give Barnes a million quid to spend tomorrow and HE WOULD STILL BE AN UTTERLY SHI*E MANAGER.

And is anyone else finding it harder and harder to find new ways to express more and more disgust at the management after each game? I mean, I was really sure Barnes had to go three games ago. Now I'm really really sure. We have to win on Saturday because personally, I can't think of a way to make my disgust even more clear. It's the hardest part of this whole mess.

Muhalo hits the nail on the head there, it's frustrating.

I've been contributing to the online tranmere debates since the old mailing list days. I have never before wanted to commit violent acts to my own computer's keyboard at simply the thought of our FAACKKING IDIOT of a manager.

Get rid of that waste of space, now.

I want Tranmere to get a result every game, of course,.. but I'm shocked to admit to myself that it's my worst fear right now that we'll see a small upturn in results, win a game maybe!!!! and that will give Barnes a stay of execution... long enough to get us even deeper in the Bolton.