• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Bantams v Rovers

Match result

• Bradford

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bantams v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Valley Parade
Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - 07:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is a trip to Valley Parade next for Rovers, as games and the patience of a lot of supporters (and the owner ?) rapidly run out.

The hosts have been in pretty strong form since appointing their management duo in the New Year, and still have a realistic chance of the play offs. They have suffered two defeats in their last two matches, but will surely see a home game against a hapless Rovers side as a great opportunity to narrow the gap to the top seven. They have some decent players in their squad, most notably our old friend Andy Cook and former Rovers transfer target Danny Rowe, in addition to talented midfielder Callum Cooke, who fortunately is injured at the moment.

I won't speculate on formations and team selections, other than to suggest that if a player like CBT has been performing in training, perhaps he should be given sufficient time on the pitch to make an impact, given our current chronic lack of confidence, creativity and goals. If he is 'electric' on the training ground tomorrow, perhaps he will be given eight minutes.

Hopefully James Vaughan came through yesterday's game unscathed, and is able to come off the bench at some stage. I am sure he would love to score against a former club that he left on poor terms.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If he is 'electric' on the training ground tomorrow, perhaps he will be given eight minutes.
:D

Another game I think we will struggle to get anything out of. We don't want to be happy with a draw. We want three points. We have to be aggressive, attack the home team, get balls into the box, have bodies in the box. If all KH can come up with is a stranded Morris up front, we will be lucky to get a shot on goal.

I went to the reverse fixture earlier on in the season and we were hopeless then too. Bradford were all over us and we had no answer.

I think this will be another frustrating game were we create very little. Will Vaughan get a bit more game time? I would risk him because we have no other answer.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Cookie has been in good form and scored again on Saturday. How we could have done with a target man in some of the recent games where plenty of crosses went in but no one was on the end of them. He’ll have a right battle with Clarke and Manny.

Surely CBT needs to start a game as something has to change to gives us more of a chance of getting a much needed 3 points

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Cookie is bound to score, we are bound not to score home win 2 0

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
Not feeling too motivated to tune in to this game, sadly. Think I will await the team news before deciding. Not so much rock and roll as rock and roll waltz, lately. The minimum wins needed based on historic promotions is usually 21 and Tranmere have to win 3 to do that. Bolton and Morecambe are unlikely to lose or draw all their games, so at best I think it could be playoffs again. Just hope Bolton aren't in the mix then.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well with all of this talk of the 'super league' distracting us from the important football, is anyone feeling anymore confident going into tonight's game?

Player
Manager
John King
Well with all of this talk of the 'super league' distracting us from the important football, is anyone feeling anymore confident going into tonight's game?
No. :)

I don't feel any excitement ahead of matches at the moment. I approach games with the same enthusiasm as a pre-season friendly , which is quite sad when you consider that we are (theoretically) still in a strong position.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
No as nothing will change in how we play

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Callum Cooke returns to the bantams squad after missing the last 10 games with injury

frenchrover

Player
aldo
It's extremely difficult to whip up any enthusiasm for games at the moment, irrespective our league position, given the dire nature of the football we are playing and the ridiculous team selection and in play substitutions being made by our manager.

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
I am getting an error accessing iFollow - anyone else receiving a technical error?

Had to 'log out' and then logging back in seems to have solved the issue....

Hope the team have done the same to correct the lack-of-goals issue ;)

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
Kahn dropped, O'Connor at right back. Vaughan not even on bench, suggesting he has exacerbated his injury (why did we rush him back ?!).

The same front three, plus Lewis starts again.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Vaughan was struggling with the injury Saturday was frankly stupid to risk him