• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Available for loan

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I read that Brian is bemoaning the lack of talent available for a loan deal to come to fruition over the past week or more. They're either young inexperienced players from Premiership clubs or players who haven't played for a while.... blah blah blah. So he says

So I had a quick look at some stats from the sky website and found a few intersting players who have played occasionally but not regularly for higher leagued teams who may (or may not) be available to come to us on loan:

Eric Skora - PNE (well we aint skored :wink: for over 6 hours of playing now - attacking midfielder)
Lee Holmes - Derby (left winger with pace and no shortage of quality - ask Swindon fans)
Jason Price - Hull (perfect - he plays for Hull, surely Brian has enquired! :p )
Richie Partridge - S. Weds (apparently we were after him in the summer - he aint played too often for Weds and am sure he would prefer extra games)
Jason Jarrett - Norwich (northwestern boy who went to my school who hasnt seemed to settle since moving to east anglia - creative midfielder and not a bad one - our school captain :wink: )

And the list continues... Obviously I don't know what BL is after (someone sh!t knowing him) but there are loads of players out there if you look hard enough and make lots of enquiries and I'm sure we could add some quality (temporarily) to the team.

It worries me that he said "Linwood coming back is like a new addition to the team". That's our new signing then! :roll: A player who shouldn't have gone in the first place!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes i'm sure there are a couple of players who could come in and improve our team... maybe they don't want to come? I mean they have already had one player turn them down.

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah that is one thing that annoys me about some of the posts on here. Lots of people go on saying why aren't we getting this or that player in on loan?

Well maybe we are trying and these players simply don't want to come!!! I mean we're not exactly an attractive prospect at the moment are we??

Give Brian some credit....he's an excellent manager and we're just having a bad patch.

B

Banana Army

Anyone noticed how well Greg Blundell is doing at Chester?

Scored 6 this season and was in our youth set up for 6 years.

Maybe worth a shout, for cash not on loan thouhg. However Loraine has said we have money

Player
Johnny Morrissey
The manager's job in these cases, as well as the board, is to sell the club, which if players have been turing us down says to me he aint sold it very well.

As for Blundell, nah wouldn't sign him. Also, cash deals would have to wait til January under transfer window, only emergency loans can be done by FL clubs in the meantime.

B

Banana Army

SCooperSomersaults said:
The manager's job in these cases, as well as the board, is to sell the club, which if players have been turing us down says to me he aint sold it very well.

As for Blundell, nah wouldn't sign him. Also, cash deals would have to wait til January under transfer window, only emergency loans can be done by FL clubs in the meantime.

Yes i knew cash deals couldnt be done, but we have to plan ahead otherwise well be in this situatuon dtill in Febuary

R

rockferrywhites

available on loan

he said on the radio last week that he was offered a couple of young players but he said it's not what he is looking for, well who's the next 30 year old to come in then.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes that seems strange that he doesn't want some younger lads... think he wants experience but I think I would rather have fresher, younger players in the side.

i can't believe that little hasn't signed someone by now,as s-cooper say's there are quite a number of players available.

is it not obvious to the guy that our current squad IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH :!:

we need signings and we need them fast!