• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ash to Aberdeen

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We'll the first of a few I'd imagine. Ash Taylor has moved across the border to join Aberdeen in favour of several championship clubs. Decent defender at this level but I'm sure we can bet an adequate replacement.

His contract was up and to be fair he's had a good run at TRFC. Good luck to him, he always seemed to give maximum effort for us.

In fact, I can't believe he's still only 24!

He'll be teaming up with ex rovers Shay Logan and Calvin Zola and having a slice of European action to boot!

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Was never going to stay especially after relegation but its a blow that we get nothing for him

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Sorry to see him go - especially for nothing. Should have given him a better contract a year ago. I fear we'll lose Wallace, but will we keep Jennings and will we sign Junior Brown? I assume Rob has a few targets already.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Wallace to Bury Jennings to Shrewsbury are rumours doing the rounds, not sure Mooney will sign either

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think Roberts said he'd bring in a couple of players - probably all we can afford. Great we have Koumas but assuming we lose Wallace and Jennings, it's going to be an interesting midfield. Expecting Rowe to play a bigger part now.

Lot of our team will be based around youth and a few experienced pro's pulling the strings. I'd like to get a no-nonsense centre half with a lot of experience.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
He said wants to bring in 2 or 3 experienced players, the rest being younger.

Just signed Eliot Richards 22 forward was at Bristol Rovers and loan at Exeter can play wide or through the middle up front

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I'm disappointed about Ash given his history with the club but not a total surprise. I wish him well and it'll be interesting to see if he can establish himself in the SPL.

Eliot Richards is more of a wide man by the looks of things. His goal scoring rate at Bristol rovers wasn't great but he did ok at Exeter. I suppose this is the type of signing Edwards wants and what we can afford. A bit of experience but with time to develop. Alas in these times we can't expect more I guess.

Wallace to bury is a rumour I have heard and fellow scouser Lowe will be in his ear about it as well as the bury manager. Bury are turning into Preston like when they snapped up welsh, Buchanan and sheriff from us.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Disappointed about Ash, but he is too good for League Two and I wish him all the best. Slightly surprised that he did not opt for a Championship club as I consider that to be a much better standard than the SPL, but the lure of European football was probably a big one.

I hope to God Wallace goes to the Championship rather than Bury.

Regarding Richards, the majority of Exeter fans really rate him and seem gutted that he has gone: he averaged a goal every two games for them at the tail end of last season, and he appears to be one of those strikers who contributes little outside the box but knows where the net is.

Last edited:
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I fear we'll lose Wallace, but will we keep Jennings and will we sign Junior Brown?

Brown is versatile and would be a decent player in League Two. I don't think he featured in any of Fleetwood's play off matches so I would guess we can probably have him if we want him.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Junior Brown couldn't play in the play offs as he was banned after the red card for us.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Was never going to stay especially after relegation but its a blow that we get nothing for him
Agree with this. In many ways you can't blame him for going and he did get a lot of flak from the boo boys, but it leaves a sour taste that we get nothing.

Also agree with what's been said about other potential departures. I would certainly be surprised if Wallace ended up at Bury.

I just hope that Richards' arrival doesn't indicate that McMahon has already poisoned the new manager's thoughts about Stockton.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It would be surprising if Stockton isn't given more game time now that the focus is on developing what we have.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I just hope that Richards' arrival doesn't indicate that McMahon has already poisoned the new manager's thoughts about Stockton.
Currently, they are our only two strikers, so I expect we'll see a lot of Cole next season. If not, I hope Rob ships him out on loan to get some much needed match practice.

Richards isn't exactly the sort of signing to get you excited, but clearly Rob knows him, rates him and presumably knows how to get the best out of him, so let's not be too hasty. He certainly can score goals in League Two.

Personally, I'd like to see Jake Cassidy back next season, but I think that's unlikely. Wolves boss Kenny Jackett has all but ruled it out. http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...ke-cassidy-set-for-chance-to-prove-potential/

At least things are now moving fast. I can't remember so many comings and goings before the end of May.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Matt Gill (not related to Wayne I think) the next to sign up to the rovers revolution!

Plenty of experience and involved in promotion winning campaigns. A one year player coach deal and sounds like a good character albeit the first ever player to be sent off at the new wembley for head butting someone in a play off final!

Another ex Bristol rovers/Exeter player. Hope we don't just sign their players!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
If hes a centre midfielder then Jennings & Wallace are certain to go

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If hes a centre midfielder then Jennings & Wallace are certain to go
I see Gill as a squad player who will concentrate on coaching. We still need players of Wallace's and Jennings' calibre, although I'll be surprised if they both stay.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Matt Gill is a midfielder according to the e-mail from the club.

On a positive note, good to see so much activity early on and some good communication from the club regarding signings.

Would love to see Junior Brown join us, was very impressed when i saw him in the game against Sheff Utd, still can't believe we didn't win that game, might have kept us up.

Unsure about Cassidy, didn't do much during his second spell with us.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
And on a 2 year deal......says something when we couldn't match York's deal. I personally would have kept Jason before Fon Williams for next season.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I expect Fon to go too and there will be more departures yet