• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

around the ground and local areas

Player
aldo
with the lampost banners the new banners on the sides of the stands and the painting . as well as the billboards and the jk statue and the plants and the walk way . i must say the trust and the club and most important . THE BEST FANS IN THE WORLD . the old place is looking amazing . lets keep improving the ground there doing great stuff

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm pleased they have the Aldo banner up. I enjoyed everyone of those 174 goals :thumbsup:

EA37YPyXsAEus29

Player
aldo
always loved it when people come up to me and said who scored oh not him again . must be the best buy the club has ever made

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Interesting comments by Nicola to the Echo about a potential future stadium move to combo as a concert venue. Watch this space I guess....

Player
aldo
and where is the money coming from . ok would be amazing if they pulled it off . but would cost millions . ok we think that simon might be about to invest in our superb club . but they have to get it right

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
I would hate to move to some poxy, soulless, purpose built, 10k or so capacity stadium.
It would certainly not have a 5k Kop and thus we'd lose our12th man.
I'd much prefer to stay put and put money into modernising the Main Stand- there's plenty of room to do so.

Player
aldo
the problem with pp is that we have always struggled . to get the function rooms and suites making money . with bigger function rooms bigger better shop room and a smaller stadium . we would be saving money . would also think that the club would want to keep the atmosphere as good as we could get ... if they had the concert part in place they could . make it work . they have been burnt once i think they would put the right people in charge of the concert arena to deal with it and leave the football side of things to those that now it . all in all we prob need to think about it as with an aging stadium and a pitch that is water logged after a shower . also think they would reduce the attendance to around 12000. im all for it if they can do it prob most of the money would come from selling pp . we got over 4m from selling the training ground would think with pp and the car park we would get over 10m if not more . all ifs and buts but at least they are looking at moving the club forward

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I thought she was taking about expanding the current stadium not moving to a new one.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would accept moving to a new stadium if it was essential to secure the future of the club, but I would hate to leave Prenton Park. I don't think I have visited a new build stadium in the lower divisions that I have liked and PP has the advantage of being right at the heart of the community.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd be very wary about moving from Prenton Park for the reasons RLC gives. I'm not convinced that there is a great demand for a concert venue on Wirral either, many bands want to play in Liverpool, so won't be crossing the water.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I'd be very wary about moving from Prenton Park for the reasons RLC gives. I'm not convinced that there is a great demand for a concert venue on Wirral either, many bands want to play in Liverpool, so won't be crossing the water.
You would think we have had our fingers burned enough already with concerts....

It all seems a bit hair-brained to me.