• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Are we going up?

Are we going up?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the quality of football was better when we came up from the conference. I think the squad unity was much better too. Same manager, just better players IMO.
I think we had a better squad relative to the level, and a better team spirit too. The technical level in the current squad is higher, but the competition is much fiercer in League Two and we are up against clubs of similar size and resources.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Salford take the lead.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The stags equalise with a well take free kick

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Should never have been given.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
2-2. Could go any way.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Lack of atmosphere at the game, considering Salford have to win they seen to be lacking in urgency

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, no atmosphere at all. Ah well, their playoffs hopes are dashed with a 2-2 draw (what a shame).

Player
Manager
John King
Sal£ord fail to even make the play offs for the third season in succession, despite spending a fortune.

I wonder when Neville will learn from his errors, or simply jack it in.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sal£ord fail to even make the play offs for the third season in succession, despite spending a fortune.

I wonder when Neville will learn from his errors, or simply jack it in.
It’ll be interesting whether they sack Bower or stick with him. Whatever happens if they open the chequebook again they could be another strong force next season

Player
Manager
John King
It’ll be interesting whether they sack Bower or stick with him. Whatever happens if they open the chequebook again they could be another strong force next season
I am not sure they will ever be successful the way they are run by Neville. However, they can certainly take players away from us again.

I know it is an old cliche, but their failure demonstrates the importance of having a proper fanbase and an atmosphere in your ground. Their stadium is like a morgue, and I think that is reflected in the lack of passion shown by their players.

Player
Manager
John King
Both Mansfield and Port Vale bottle automatic promotion, and fail to win vital matches. I think Bristol Rovers will go up automatically now.

It just shows what can happen in these games when the jitters strike.....

frenchrover

Player
aldo
So with Port Vale failing to beat Newport 2 playoff places could have been up for grabs if we had scored more goals and not relied on a defensive stategy of trying to keep clean sheets and nicking the odd 1 goal winner.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ultimately our away form has let us down and we wouldn't have had to rely on GD as we would have been well ahead on points. It's all ifs and buts at this stage. We have to see a performance on Sat though.

Player
Manager
John King
So with Port Vale failing to beat Newport 2 playoff places could have been up for grabs if we had scored more goals and not relied on a defensive stategy of trying to keep clean sheets and nicking the odd 1 goal winner.
That has not been the strategy. We have scored two or more goals in virtually every home game since Christmas.

Every club will have 'if only' stories at this stage, but the reality is despite all the opprobrium heaped on the manager we are only two points off the play offs and five off the automatic places, in a very tight top half of the table.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
That has not been the strategy. We have scored two or more goals in virtually every home game since Christmas.

Every club will have 'if only' stories at this stage, but the reality is despite all the opprobrium heaped on the manager we are only two points off the play offs and five off the automatic places, in a very tight top half of the table.
But the aim for the season was promotion, in all probability we won't make the play offs so the manager rightly will be criticised as it will be a failure