• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Are we going up?

Are we going up?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ADD

Player
Norwood
The sarcastic tone of his original response to me does him no credit, as I am sure you will agree.

If you don't want to receive it, don't give it out.
Funny. ADD always replies sarcastically to my posts, but he seems to have done a disappearing act.

Oh, where art thou........? :lol: :laugh:
I am here have no fear and by the way describing me as condescending coming from the most condescending, dismissive person on this site is rich beyond belief... I have no issue with you or anyone else being a super fan and going to every home and away match which us lesser mortals are not able/ wanting to do for but just because we think differently or disagree with your view does not make us wrong as you seem to think. This site is here for comments and opinions and your views are not the only ones that matter even if you think they are.
I don't think there is anyone else on this forum who would refer to independent models in a post to justify their view that we will still make the play offs but not provide a link to it and expect us to accept their comments at face value!
In any event the model's results are wrong and you have interpreted it incorrectly. It shows us as finishing 7th and so in the last play off slot but it should show us as 8th as they have Swindon with the same points total as us, a higher goal difference and a higher chance of playoffs than us.
That said it's a model and I would dearly love us to get promoted but our away record of seven away wins now without a win and 1 point from the last 21 away from home suggests we won't especially given 2 of our 4 home games are against top 6 teams

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am here have no fear and by the way describing me as condescending coming from the most condescending, dismissive person on this site is rich beyond belief... I have no issue with you or anyone else being a super fan and going to every home and away match which us lesser mortals are not able/ wanting to do for but just because we think differently or disagree with your view does not make us wrong as you seem to think. This site is here for comments and opinions and your views are not the only ones that matter even if you think they are.
I don't think there is anyone else on this forum who would refer to independent models in a post to justify their view that we will still make the play offs but not provide a link to it and expect us to accept their comments at face value!
In any event the model's results are wrong and you have interpreted it incorrectly. It shows us as finishing 7th and so in the last play off slot but it should show us as 8th as they have Swindon with the same points total as us, a higher goal difference and a higher chance of playoffs than us.
That said it's a model and I would dearly love us to get promoted but our away record of seven away wins now without a win and 1 point from the last 21 away from home suggests we won't especially given 2 of our 4 home games are against top 6 teams
I have no issue with other posters disagreeing with my views, as the majority do - 'superfans' or otherwise. However, your latest post to me was clearly sarcastic and contemptuous, and effectively accused me of lying, and is in keeping with your interactions with me over a number of years. In recent times you have been egged on by a couple of other posters, who repeatedly 'like' any comment that contradicts mine, irrespective of context, in what amounts to trolling.

I will take your word that the forecast shows us finishing eighth, because I have not bothered to examine it in any detail (I did not realise I had to provide detailed evidence to justify every offhand remark I make. I had read about the forecast second hand. I had not actually seen it before posting the link on here). That is beside the point. The fact it shows us either in, or a hair's breadth from, the play off places, shows that we are still well in contention for the top seven, irrespective of a general air of negativity. That was my point.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Chaps, can we keep this off the forums please. Any problems you have with other posters, can you try and work out via PM or alternatively you can ignore them by clicking on their profile and choosing ignore.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Talking of stats. We’ve scored 15 goals in 20 away games, that’s 0.75 goals per game. Only the bottom three have scored the same or fewer.
Our home form is fantastic of course but that sort of away record puts a lot of pressure on the remaining home games

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Might be my memory being a bit hazy, but didn’t we have a reasonable away record under Brabin? Mickey to manage the home games next season and Brabin the away games……….in-coming!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, although I think the opposition were not as good under Brabin, even fact, most of them were terrible!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Talking of stats. We’ve scored 15 goals in 20 away games, that’s 0.75 goals per game. Only the bottom three have scored the same or fewer.
Our home form is fantastic of course but that sort of away record puts a lot of pressure on the remaining home games
That's shocking

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Crawley manager John Yemm has been suspended for inappropriate behaviour. Bad news for them but possibly worse news for us. In their next two games they play Mansfield and Sutton.

When unpopular managers go, there is often an upturn in results, but they have been in good form recently for a mid-table side.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ouch.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Now 2-0

This could be a long night

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
One of Sutton or Mansfield were likely to win tonight. Just need to hope Stevenage do us a favour v the stags - they are a good side as we saw on Saturday!!!

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Disappointing anti-climax after it promised so much at one point. The Forest Green hammering at home looks a key and pivotal moment when you look at our league record for the ten games prior to that psychologically damaging event; it still haunts me today when you think that there were 10,000 plus home supporters to witness our biggest humiliation of the season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, we were shocking that day and we’ve been taking the knocks ever since.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The Stevenage performance was all the more bizarre after the Exeter win when the staff, players and fans were all together and promotion was back on.
But of course we then had an away game to play….