• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Anthony Pulis

B

Banana Army

Anthony Pulis to Rovers?

We're linked with a move for this midfielder. From what ive seen of him, he could be just what we need. Lets hope its permanent, if he comes, rather than on loan. He's the creative player we've been crying out for.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Hasn't been able to get a place since his dad was sacked as manager, that doesn't inspire the belief that he's a particularly good player.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Would like to see him at Tranmere. Seems a good player.

M

mikeo32

Need a new signing, havent really taken advantage of the transfer window in january, only signed players on loan, S. O'Leary untill the end of the month and Dino Seremet on loan for a month, probably will be to the end of the season though. Simon Francis is also another 1 month loan.

Need to sign a good player to the squad, this sounds like the perfect oppourtunity.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Ste O'leary is on loan to the end of the season by the way. i'm happy to see us linked with players but players coming in is an other thing with us a the moment

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I'd like to see Pulis at Tranmere, even on loan. He's only 22 and is crying out for a chance to prove himself away from his Dad.

Bring it on, we need something :D

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Does anyone actually know anything about this lad? I'm happy if he's good, but like NBDH said, he only played cos his dad was in charge! Sounds dubious to me, but I'm happy to be proved wrong, we need someone to catch the public's imagination to pull them crowds back and make us play great football and winning football! Any names... :lol:

B

Banana Army

Yeh he is good. I think the Dad criticism is a tad harsh because he actually is a good player. He's that creative midfielder that we need.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Banana Army said:
Yeh he is good. I think the Dad criticism is a tad harsh because he actually is a good player. He's that creative midfielder that we need.

So where have u seen him? Reserves?

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

SCooperSomersaults said:
Does anyone actually know anything about this lad? I'm happy if he's good, but like NBDH said, he only played cos his dad was in charge! Sounds dubious to me, but I'm happy to be proved wrong, we need someone to catch the public's imagination to pull them crowds back and make us play great football and winning football! Any names... :lol:

Yeah I agree we dont want to be signing people who only got into a squad because of his dad, he migh not be at the quality we need to push us up the table! This reminds me of this lad who used to play for our team and his dad was the manager, he was the fatest footballer i've ever seen! LOL :lol:. Does anyone know anything about him if im honest i've never heard of him

B

Banana Army

SCooperSomersaults said:
Banana Army said:

So where have u seen him? Reserves?

In fairness i haven't seen him this season, but saw him make a couple of apperarences for Torquay last year and he looked tidy. Also he has played well for the reserves this year bagging a goal on last wednesday.

S

Seanyb

mikeo32 said:
Need a new signing, havent really taken advantage of the transfer window in january, only signed players on loan, S. O'Leary untill the end of the month and Dino Seremet on loan for a month, probably will be to the end of the season though. Simon Francis is also another 1 month loan.

Need to sign a good player to the squad, this sounds like the perfect oppourtunity.

Yes we do need a real signing, however it doesn't mean we sign anyone. I personally know nothing about him but if the club have done their homework then I'm happy with that.

B

Banana Army

Mikey mate, could you possibly reduce the size of your siggy a bit, cos it make my page go hugely wide and i have to scroll sideways as well as downwards then and its abit annoying.

Correct me if im wrong mods, but i think the max size 400 X 150?

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Banana Army said:
Mikey mate, could you possibly reduce the size of your siggy a bit, cos it make my page go hugely wide and i have to scroll sideways as well as downwards then and its abit annoying.

Yeah I was going to ask that too Mike. It's a lovely banner but it's very wide. Makes reading threads a little awkward. Sorry mate. :) :) :) :)

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Banana Army said:

That was in the posting guidelines on the previous incarnation of the forums, yeah. I think that 400 x 150 is more than enough really, so again I'd say that would be the maximum size recommended.

Personally I've always considered the picture avatar and text sig to look a lot smarter than image signatures, particularly on this forum where we all support the same team, so proudly displaying the colours isn't too necessary.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
Banana Army said:

That was in the posting guidelines on the previous incarnation of the forums, yeah. I think that 400 x 150 is more than enough really, so again I'd say that would be the maximum size recommended.

Personally I've always considered the picture avatar and text sig to look a lot smarter than image signatures, particularly on this forum where we all support the same team, so proudly displaying the colours isn't too necessary.

Yer go for it mate i love it when you guys make it smarter and that