• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Anthony Kay

Player
Jimmy Harvey
According the Fourth Official on Twitter he Kay is likely to join. Dont usually put much faith in Twitter Rumours however this fella has been right on most things he posts. He said Wallace had signed a couple of days before it was announced even gettin the contract length also got Burgess and Akpo spot on.

Lets hope he is right on this one. A midfield of Robbo Kay Wallace plus another would be very effective.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I agree, it would be fantastic if we signed him, much to SonkORLY's displeasure :) Such would be our strength in midfield, we could play like Spain and ditch our forwards (sorry, got a little carried away there).. :oops:

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Lets hope he is right on this one. A midfield of Robbo Kay Wallace plus another would be very effective.[/QUOTE]

Like the midfield above. Do we need another? Leave it at that and play 5,3,2 using attacking full backs...like Zoum:idea:

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Squad numbers announced. Number 6 has been left empty.............didnt we used to have a decent number 6?:-k

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Everyone's assuming he'd play in midfield. I understand he has been used often as a centre-back by Huddersfield, so he could provide useful cover if two of our regulars there got injured, suspended or lost form. Kay is three years older now than when he left and possibly less mobile than he was then, so even if he is the midfielder Ronnie has said he's expecting to sign from a Championship club, I would not be surprised to see him feature in the back four. Either way, I'd welcome the signing.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Always thought we needed more cover at centre back. The three we have will be disrupted at some stage through injury/suspension or loss of form.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I don't think it's possible for him to be less mobile, BBTC. LOL yes Ian, i still maintain that he was really overrated during his first time here but would still be a v good addition to the squad.

Now some wingers pls.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It doesn't look as though this is going to happen, we couldn't afford to buy him outright or pay a significant portion of his substantial wages.