• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

and so it begins..

Player
Liam Palmer
Max Power signs for Wigan - 3 year deal. Think it's worth £450k but don't know details - presume add ons if they win Champions League!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Meanwhile, Borehamwood have signed Danny Woodards. Should do well at this level IF he stays fit.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Meanwhile, Borehamwood have signed Danny Woodards. Should do well at this level IF he stays fit.

Sadly, he almost certainly won't. A quality player though. Elsewhere, James Rowe has signed for Wrexham. A talented player who I think struggled from a lack of physical presence.

The Max Power deal seems a good one for both parties. Good luck to him at the DW.

M

Mal

Not sure where £450k comes from. Wigan site says it will depend on a tribunal as far as the amount is concerned.

drwhoman

Good signing of Mangan and Max was always going to go. From the signings we have made is it possible that we might play this season without a non goal scoring target man? Great if this is the case.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The Max Power deal seems a good one for both parties. Good luck to him at the DW.
Yes, I agree. Max always gave his all for the club and has sensibly gone to a club where he's likely to get first-team football. However, I doubt we'll get a fair fee for him. Perhaps if he'd signed for a Championship side as a squad player, we might have got more. I hope we get a sell-on clause, as in the Cresswell deal. It's a shame he ran down his contract, but it was clear to me eighteen months ago that this was his intention. However, he was in his rights and didn't mislead the club or the fans, so we should all wish him well and welcome him back whenever he plays at PP.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm unsure what would constitute a fair fee for Max, BBTC. A player with undoubted potential, but his game didn't develop as much as I'd hoped, perhaps a consequence of both our relegation battles and his contract situation. Wigan are a side who appear to be on the wane, unsure they'll make an immediate return to the Championship and they could be more testing times ahead for Max. It will be interesting to see how he progresses. Coming from a family of Rovers fans, even though he wasn't, he seemed gutted when we were relegated from L1 and scored some decent goals from midfield. Trust it turns out well for him

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He's still young and is still learning but good step up for him. Wish him well.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm unsure what would constitute a fair fee for Max, BBTC. A player with undoubted potential, but his game didn't develop as much as I'd hoped, perhaps a consequence of both our relegation battles and his contract situation.
From what I saw of Max last season, he started brightly but was a shadow of his former self towards the end of the season. The rest of the team dragged him down to their level - well, not quite. Whether the contract situation affected his game I can't say, but it didn't seem to affect him up to last Christmas. I think we'll get £250,000 to £300,000 compensation. On the open market, he might have been worth twice that a year ago.

Colin K

Player
Ryan Taylor
On the topic of former players, I see Fon Williams is still to find himself a club. I'd have thought a number of league clubs would have been looking to snap him up quickly, if not a slotting into the bench of a championship team (though he would want first team football to force a long overdue international start).

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I can totally understand why Fonners left us. He is too good for non league and obvioulsy wants to be part of the Wales squad for the Euros assuming they quality which looks on the cards.

Like Colin I expected him either to be snapped up by a L1 club possibly as back up or L2 as a starter. He needs to be playing every week though to stay in Chris Colemans thoughts - so I'm amazed no one in L2 has snapped him up. That said and although not his fault, 2 successive relegations doesnt look good on the CV.

He still has time and has been linked with a move abroad but I hope he stays in the football league as overall he was a good keeper for us.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I didn't think he was anything special and I'm not that surprised he's still looking for a club. Decent shot stopper at times, wish him well for the future. I think he'll move abroad.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Odejayi signs for Stockport. I thought he might have got a club higher up the football pyramid.

Player
Manager
John King
Fonners had his faults, but was way above average for a lower league keeper. Very surprised he is yet to find a club.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Notice the Official site is saying that George Donnelly's contract has been cancelled by mutual consent. Clearing the decks for an incoming forward I suspect. Don't know what we paid Rochdale for Donnelly but whatever it was it was a waste of money.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Notice the Official site is saying that George Donnelly's contract has been cancelled by mutual consent. Clearing the decks for an incoming forward I suspect. Don't know what we paid Rochdale for Donnelly but whatever it was it was a waste of money.
One of the worst players I've seen for some time and we've had our fair share of rubbish recently.

Good luck to Odejayi. I thought he was a good squad player and might have scored more in a decent team. Always gave a lot of effort if frustrating at times.

Player
Manager
John King
One of the worst players I've seen for some time and we've had our fair share of rubbish recently.

All the best to him for the future, but in a highly competitive field Donnelly was probably the worst signing of last season.