• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

And now the defence

Centre Backs anyone??????

ok, we have signed a new team and i like everyone else i am so excited about next season and ill be there in the front row at lairds on tuesday playing whos who

but im a little bit worried as we dont seem to have a defence to speak of?

please god dont say that big ron is trying to tempt goodison back from jamaica, leave him there chilling out and lets get a couple of real players

any ideas anyone????

B

Banana Army

Keep goodi, but at this rate, we'll be starting the season with only 4 proper defenders.

Player
The Sherriff
tranmere3nw.jpg

Thats a pretty large hole in our team there. :???:

I would hope Goodison and Tremarco are just used as cover as we don't seem to have any depth in the squad to speak of.

Davies upfront, with Mcateer, Jennings and Harrison covering midfield then just 2 defensive reserves and a keeper. I really do hope he keeps Brown on the books, having already let a young talent go whom we could have used as cover in Linwood, I would hate to see him start the season without cover for Ellison.

S

Seanyb

Does anyone know how good this sheriff is? Otherwise were gonna see goodison played out of position again next season!!!

DixieDean

I found this on an Aarhus website. A tranmere fan asked what they thought of him... this is the only response in english.....
---------------------------------------------

Shane is a good defensive player, especially as a central defender. He can also play as left back but he prefers to play in the middle.

He is very good in the air, both offensively and defensively, and has a fantastic long shot ... he scored an amaing goal last season from probably 20 metres or so.

He gives 100% on the pitch and to training, and certainly gives as good as he gets. He doesn't hold back in the tackling department.

Shane is a cool and relaxed kind of guy, quiet spoken, and focused. His form fell off earlier this year as his wife's ( I think he's married) pregnancy progress and especially when their child was born.

Generally I would say that Shane was popular amongst fans but there were a few who weren't too happy with his drop off in form. They tended to be the younger fans however, who simply couldn't grasp that someone could be affected on the pitch by external events.

Player
The Sherriff
I discovered that a person I play with on an online game from denmark is actually a security guard at the Aarhus ground and is on first name terms with all the players. He said that Shane was good going forward so he thought he contributed better at left back, hence why I put him there on my diagram.

It's a small world

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Shane Sheiff said him self that he likes to play in the centre so if we move him there and put Tremacro left back we are 1 cb and a couple of back ups short. We have a french lad playing tomorrow who is CB and Goodison flies back in England either today or tomorrow. I feel Goodison is alright at CB not LB though so I dont mid if we get him back as a CB like. We have to AUG 5th to get the defence sorted out and I believe Ronnie will, for now we can play the kids in the frindlies, give them a chance and get some first team action under their belts as well, there just might be a kid that shines through, you never know.