• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

An open letter to Brian Little

• Thread starter Johnny King is God
  • Start date
J

Johnny King is God

Dear Brian,

When I found out you had been appointed our manager I for one was very excited. I have followed by beloved team come rain or shine since I was knee-high to a grasshopper and I don't believe we have had a manager with your experience taking the reins at the club if not ever before then certainly not in my time.

I cannot argue with your success in your first year, although I found some of your formation, selection and transfer dealing a little surprising, the results came, and we rose up the table quick. We were unlucky in the playoffs against Hartlepool, and I cant blame you for losing two players of the quality of Hume and Taylor. However, you must understand that with poor results, attitudes change fast. The decisions you were given the benefit of the doubt on become re-examined, the wins we have had are put into context of the poor quality of football we are playing, and your deals in the transfer market are put under close scrutiny.

I have to tell you Brian, that now the luck on the pitch has dried up, a look back at your time here isn't proving too nice a reading for genuine fans such as myself.

We often here you talk of the terrible situation you found the club in, now I think, of course it was in a bad state, we had just sacked a manager and had had a few games with an inexperienced caretaker. 15 games before Ray Mathias was sacked we were in the middle of the longest unbeaten run in the clubs history. Why did you clear out so many of the players?

We often here about you making the club hard to beat, now I think, I don't want to watch us play shit football all the time. If we were actually making ourselves hard to beat no true fan would argue with this, but sitting through dross for 80 minutes to give away a sloppy goal just wont cut the mustard here anymore.

We often here about us digging in, now I think, the best period in our clubs history was about fast attacking football. We used to get 10,000 a game you know? If you could make us play some exciting football with good attacking players [You can sign ones you haven't managed before you know?] maybe you could keep hold of some of your better players.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt on some of your signings, now I think, Ian Goodison???? Awful! Theo Whitmore?????? Embarrassing! Jason McAteer?????? Pitiful! And surely not our captain! Alex Bruce????????? Average at best! Calvin Zola??????? Not a clue either injured or not got a passport [Did anyone check this?]

Talk to any Tranmere Fan and they will tell you that letting the likes of Loran, Navarro, Howarth, Connelly, etc etc. and replacing them with inferior players quite rightly puts a lot of pressure on YOU to win games.

It is not too late to put it right. As far as I'm concerned you have one, maybe two more games to turn this run around.

Friday nights are a major Tradition at Tranmere. Tonight we are playing Scunthorpe, who we owe one after you overlooked us limply capitulating in the cup to them [we used to be seen as a great cup side .pah!]

For gods sake lets see some attacking exciting football, lets get the crowd behind us, lets play like we give a crap. Lets get up this god awful division.

If your not up to the job, step aside. For gods sake though, if you come out after this game and talk about being hard to beat, digging in, and looking for a bit of luck, do not expect patience. Expect us to turn on you.

As for the board.............thats another story.

Get you bloody act together

JKIG

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Johnny King is God said:
Friday nights are a major Tradition at Tranmere. Tonight we are playing Scunthorpe, who we owe one after you overlooked us limply capitulating in the cup to them [we used to be seen as a great cup side .pah!]

For gods sake lets see some attacking exciting football, lets get the crowd behind us, lets play like we give a crap. Lets get up this god awful division

eek :shock: :oops:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I was reading that thinking it was a letter written after last nights game... so when I saw that it said for Brian to deliver on Friday I thought... God knows what JKIG thinks now?!?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
yer good letter I Want to do one but I know I'll get carried away and start swearing then throw stuff then kill someone :?

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

It doesn't have to be a long and thought provoking one, how about....

Dear Brian,

Just do one will yer.

:lol:

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot said:

Dear Brian,

Just do one will yer.

I'd sign that letter.

DixieDean

NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot said:

Dear Brian,

Just do one will yer.

I'd sign that letter.

yep, put me down for that one :D :D

Player
Morrisey
I think that the letter is a load of bollocks! I think that BL knows what situation he and the club are in and I think that LR will know when to get rid of him. just insulting someone like that is not really fair IMHO.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
i see what you mean but is there anything else the fans can do tosort this out.

Player
Morrisey
In retrospect I think that my choice of phrasing could have been a bit better. but I just do not think that letters of that nature will resolve anything. LR will know how the fans feel and will probably know that they want BL out and might even want him out hertself but is letting him stay on because she is thinking of the club and knows that BL is a gift to the club! to let him go now could be a mistake!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
i donlt think hge should go, but there mist be something that isnt going right, and what could we change.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
bolton_hater said:
i donlt think hge should go, but there mist be something that isnt going right, and what could we change.

Well, if he is the manager to take us forward, he has to sit down and work out what is going wrong. I'm leaning more and more towards the fact that he doesn't know whats going wrong and on the evidence of the last few games, doesn't know how to change things.

But... we are in a difficult situation now. Who knows what the best thing is for the club, but decisions have to be made now, beore its too late. Do we stick with Brian and trust his has the skills and experience to get us out of this, or do we replace now with fresh blood and hope the new manager will shake things up and get us out of this mess. It could however go the other way and we may be doomed either way.

I think its quite simple to see whats going wrong. We are losing our best, creative players and are simply not replacing them. This has happened for years, the decline has been going on for years, its not a difficult trend to follow. We cannot kid ourselves in thinking the squad is getting better or is just as good as last year. It's not.

Solution: Well, we need to bring in better quality players. Whether thats through investment or actually good management/scouting (there must be players out there) the club has to decide this.

Player
Morrisey
IMHO I think that people likie Jennings need to start. they are young and have their souls in the club. They are fit and damn good players. Ranks and macca are good players but especially macca they have done alot with their lives and are really using Tranmere as a pension scheme and a way into coaching. We need to go back to basics, play 4-4-2 and play players in position. BL also needs not to be scared of saying to a player 'you are not playing well you will be on the bench.' Does anyone else get the impression BL is quite a quiet and shy guy and that Richard Hill does all the talking and the main coaching?

J

Johnny King is God

Dear Brian,

You have one more match to convince me. Not looking good though mate.

JKIG

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
its a shame that the game he has is away to bristol city!