• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

All Quiet On The Managerial Front

evo_trfc

Have to say this is the quietest managerial spell we've had in ages - When moore got sacked Barnes's name was touted pretty quickly as when Moore originally came in, Quite surprised by the lack of noise around the club -

I have great admiration for Les and Shaun but we do need a "proper" manager in before saturday - Can't keep loosing games!

I think it shows how poor we've been this season when Southampton who were on minus ten points have bypassed us in the league!

I have a horrible feeling some rookie is going to come in now

Prove me wrong johnson & co

DIW

Player
Goodison
I agree, and it worries me. Les (with all respect to him) is not among term solution, and at the moment we are not so far off that we can't drag outselves out of trouble.

Need the right appointment soon.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I hope there's an announcement this week. As much love as I have for Les and the team, they are only there on a temp basis and are doing the best they can. We need a decent manager in and we need it damn soon. We still aren't picking up enough points and like evo_trfc says, with the Saints now passing us in the league, it doesn't make good reading.

Although, just to cover my above statement, a new manager doesnt automatically mean we are going to get out of this mess. We could still be in the bottom 3 come Feb! :whistle:

M

Mal

e by gum, PJ can't win can he? Chose too quickly with Barnes (although I am probably the only one here who could see his logic in terms of gaining press coverage, just a bad gamble) now it is too slow... No matter who comes in, they wouldn't wave a magic wand with the players we have and have winners straight away. We need a decent scoring forward for one thing... We'd need to support the new manager as long as we can see that improvements are happening and that he (or she if the Grimsby job not sorted :) is on the right track. Much as I like McLaren first time round, he is a liability at the moment, as is Mahon. Defence is improving but vulnerable. That requires a long term fix. Forwards - mmmmmm. Need shooting practice.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I get the impression from Les' comments that he'd be quite happy to hand over to someone else. However, with a lot of unemployed managers not being attracted to the job for whatever reason, if we are to appoint someone with limited experience, then PJ will wish to make thorough enquiries to avoid appointing another Barnes. It's starting to look like Les may still be in charge for Swindon.

evo_trfc

bit of news - Former Nottingham Forest manager Colin Calderwood has turned down an approach from Tranmere and will instead sign an 18-month coaching deal with Newcastle United. (Daily Star)

hardly a credible source but some news at least

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Update on the official website. Well, sort of an update. Says they're interviewing and will take their time.

As for the Calderwood thing. He has been linked with the job with us, but had instead signed a coaching role with Newcastle. Hardly snubbing Tranmere. I don't think he was offered the position, or whether he even applied! Tabloid nonsense methinks.

yozzer31

Player
Aldo
Apparently Mr Johnson has now made his decision .... so if anyone hears anything on the rumour mill, your info would be greatly appreciated.

evo_trfc

Richard Money has been appointed Luton manager - Gary Brabin has joined him as cheif scout! So Brabin is out of the race!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Chief Scout? Is he a serious football manager candidate?! Hardly think so if he's taking that job.

I think there will be official announcement on Monday. I really don't know who it is though. Watch this space.