• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Alex Bruce

S

Seanyb

I've havent been able to get to the games that much this season. Just wondering whether anyone can tell me if all the hype over this player was true or just another player who is a namesake of another famous player?

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
The way he was prepared to chuck himself in the way during the Gillingham game, and the fact that he bothers to overlap the player in front make him in my view a good addition to the squad. The fact that all we've had to pay for him is his wages makes him a nice acquisition.

Doesn't put right getting rid of Loran and Connelly and Taylor (although the last was somewhat inevitable), but we aren't in too bad a way at right back at the moment, the crisis is up the middle of the pitch in both defence and especially the midfield.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I think hes a great player I'm please we've got him.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think he's not bad... better than what we could have had... pleased we got him from what ive seen.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
sam miguel said:
I think he’s ordinary at best.
I agree. His discipline is a little suspect also..

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
did you hear the boos from the huddersfield fans everytime he got it?
i'm guessing thats to do with the histry of HTFC and Steve Bruce.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
bolton_hater said:
did you hear the boos from the huddersfield fans everytime he got it?
i'm guessing thats to do with the histry of HTFC and Steve Bruce.

No mate, nothing to do with Steve Bruce.
Going back to his discipline, its because he got sent off here last season when he played for Sheff Wed.

Wed lost 1-0 and Bruce was sent off in the 43rd minute. Silly lad.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think he got sent off because of a tackle that seriously injured a Huddersfield player... may be wrong though?

B

Banana Army

Joe_TRFC said:
I think he got sent off because of a tackle that seriously injured a Huddersfield player... may be wrong though?

Yep broke his leg and was out for 6 months. Cant rememeber who though.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You sure he broke his leg?
After a bit of detective work I found this:

The frustration clearly told on loanee Alex Bruce, the son of Steve who was baited when he played at the Galpharm for Oldham a few weeks ago and again took horrendous stick from the Kilner Bank.

His scything knee-high challenge on Ahmed after losing control of the ball and his senses was both late and dangerous and referee Lee Mason, who had a good game overall, had no hesitation in showing a straight red.

No mention of Adnan Ahmed breaking his leg. So I checked the game after and he featured. :?

S

Seanyb

Could he only be ordinary because he's young and still a hot prospect for the future, or is he just ordinary?

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

I like bruce, he works hard, get's stuck in and doesn't make many mistakes.

Tough choice between him and Linwood as far as i'm concerned.

B

Banana Army

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
send him back and play young james vaughan or even olie james :!:

Ummmmmm..... NO. He's good. I mean he's not taylor but he's certainly better than Vaughn and Ollie James isnt even a reserve regular

Banana Army said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
send him back and play young james vaughan or even olie james :!:

Ummmmmm..... NO. He's good. I mean he's not taylor but he's certainly better than Vaughn and Ollie James isnt even a reserve regular

and what's BL eventually done. say no more. :-#

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Again, some muddled thinking from the manager. We waited to get Bruce recovered from injury to take on loan, so presumably BL had seen him before? Decides Linwood can't play wing-back, not unreasonably, ships him out on loan. Bruce is a regular until the thunderbolt that we should go back to as near as dammit the team playing against Oldham, Bruce doesn't get a look in for a couple of games.

Personally don't think he was a good player and Dad's role influential in getting him this far. However in the games I saw him play, excepting Huddersfield when the crowd got to him, he was no worse than many of the others and his return leaves us very short of cover. From what I saw of James Vaughan last night, he's a long way from being ready to step up.

:?: Is his departure for non-footballing reasons?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
my mate seteve wacthes them train and apparentyl alex said hes getting pushed out.