• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Aldershot v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
In fairness, most people on here said we needed to make changes before the Guiseley game due to tiredness, lack of sharpness.

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
Agree with a great deal of the report from RLC. We do need to go out to really go for wins as a series of creditable away draws will just not be enough for automatic promotion and just have to accept we will have the occasional loss along the way in this Quest. It is not the end of the word and we did create enough chances to have won the game which is encouraging but overall yesterday we deserved no more than a draw.
It was a highly entertaining open game with the penalty the pivotal moment after we had gradually started to really get a grip on the game, albeit perhaps with not sufficient pace but I did fancy we would somehow carve out a winner.
However in my view it was not a great performance and for the first twenty minutes we were all over the place with with the new shape as bemusing to the players as it was to us watching. Our midfield was as porous as I have seen it since before Xmas last year. Adam Mekki can make a difference sometimes but agreed he was awful yesterday. He seemed to have a roaming roll appearing on both flanks and yes spending a lot of time in an advanced role.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Playing devils advocate, there's very little room for error in this league as we all know there's only 1 automatic place. All the moaning and whinging simply boils down to each and everyone of us desperate to get out of this league.

Even a decent performance resulting in a loss like yesterday will bring criticism. Unfair yes, but with a big club in this league its part of the course.

GB has been banging on about how teams raise their performance when playing us. Yep, again part of the course.

Obviously no need to panic yet but we do need to start getting maximum points again to keep in touch with the early pace setters.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Now had the chance to see the goals.
Shots first, shouldn't have been allowed to get a weak cross in, poor marking.
Rovers goal, great ball into the box from Norwood well finished as Cook headed it back across their keeper.
Shots penalty, who was covering Maynard,as they looked to have gone missing? Allowed a free run, their player definitely created the foul, Maynard a bit naive.
Shots 3rd, great volley from edge of the box, Davies had no chance, but scorer totally unmarked and free to have a go.

I hadn't appreciated how much defensive woes had contributed to our downfall yesterday. Hopefully to be worked on at training during the week.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
GB wasn't too happy about the defending either Boz. Shame as all the hard work during the game amounted to nothing. We don't conceded many let alone three in a game. I wouldn't think this would happen too often.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Good comment from Brightonian about draws. Winning one game and losing two gets you the same points as three draws, although fans would probably be a lot less happy. So unless the opposition is running you ragged, it's worth going for a win.

M

Mal

I was struck by how similar England play like Tranmere. Lots of sideway passes and the odd long ball but not too many shots on target. Still, at least we have three forwards who can score "out of the blue" . If only we could find a Kenny Irons type player.