• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Alan Mahon avaible for laon

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date
Matthew The Rover said:
If you mean Ryan Taylor, then you are very wrong, as he is playing nearly every game for them (maybe not 90 mins a game but he is getting a game every week.)

Whereas we got £1,000,000 for Alan Mahon because he signed for Blackburn Rovers. He never played for Sporting but if I remember rightly signed for Blackburn as quick as he could to get Rovers the money as the year mark was approaching fast.

i think we got more like £300,000 for mahon. i am not saying it's bad moving to another(bigger)club,cos' i think everyone would do the same this day n' age!

Matthew The Rover said:
why do you dislike him then?

i don't dislike him what-so-ever. he was a player who helped get us to our 1st major cup final. i just think we need to move on from ex-players :!:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
but if its ex-players who get the job done and take us back up then the odd ex player won't hurt.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Fair comment. Anyone to get us back to winning ways but as people say there is no I in team and all that bullshit! If a player can help us win games get him in

C

ChiefRich

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
1st of all mate,i am right behind the idea of david kelly becoming our next manager(if need be)so i think you've got you're wires crossed on that one!

2nd-ly, mahon left to go to sporting lisbon,a club that meant rovers getting no transfer fee! he hardly ever played for them aswell,so he certainly never progressed there! GS saved him from his nightmare,and helped us get some money! he kicked on at blackburn and had a great 1st year,but when they got promoted to the prem he was frozen out,reminds me of a similar position he is at @ wigan :!: don't get me wrong,he is a quality player,but i feel little needs to be looking at the long term rather tha a short term fix :!:

3rd and lastly,if i was pro @ rovers or any other cub for that matter, i would "do a rooney" and i don't believe anybody who says that "they wouldn't" :!:

1. Sorry must have misread the point!

2. Was just saying that footballers and people in general make mistakes. If you are a footballer at TRFC and get offered the chance to play for them, you'd take it. He didn't know he was going to fail there.

3. I see.

I just think we should move back to ex-players if they become available and would improve us without discriminating against them at all because they happen to be ex-players.

ChiefRich said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
1st of all mate,i am right behind the idea of david kelly becoming our next manager(if need be)so i think you've got you're wires crossed on that one!

2nd-ly, mahon left to go to sporting lisbon,a club that meant rovers getting no transfer fee! he hardly ever played for them aswell,so he certainly never progressed there! GS saved him from his nightmare,and helped us get some money! he kicked on at blackburn and had a great 1st year,but when they got promoted to the prem he was frozen out,reminds me of a similar position he is at @ wigan :!: don't get me wrong,he is a quality player,but i feel little needs to be looking at the long term rather tha a short term fix :!:

3rd and lastly,if i was pro @ rovers or any other cub for that matter, i would "do a rooney" and i don't believe anybody who says that "they wouldn't" :!:

1. Sorry must have misread the point!

2. Was just saying that footballers and people in general make mistakes. If you are a footballer at TRFC and get offered the chance to play for them, you'd take it. He didn't know he was going to fail there.

3. I see.

I just think we should move back to ex-players if they become available and would improve us without discriminating against them at all because they happen to be ex-players.

fair doo's :!:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
well gary jones was good at first then went crap, but mellon we know he is crap, but I'm sure alan mahon would do well.

M

Matthew The Rover

Look at what Duncan Ferguson has done since he went back to Everton.

Look what Kelly did when he came back as assistant. We lost once in his time as assistant I think, not too many more.

B

Banana Army

Matthew The Rover said:

Look what Kelly did when he came back as assistant. We lost once in his time as assistant I think, not too many more.

Ferguson was worse second time round and Kelly was in a coaching role sp we cant get anything from that.

Banana Army said:
Matthew The Rover said:

Ferguson was worse second time round and Kelly was in a coaching role sp we cant get anything from that.

high fives banana army! :D

you beat me to it :!: