• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

AFTER 5 WEEKS OFF

Player
aldo
Well, It Has To Bee Said That I've never had so much free time to do things and see stuff we were at. Brotherton park this week its only 5 mins walk and wow what an amazing place when you get in the middle of the place all you get is the birds singing running water my little one and I were throwing stones in the river it was fab. such a lovely place and really peaceful. I am there running tomorrow as it will be challenging with it being so up and down will have a massive work out. if you can get there and just relax and chill an amazing place beautiful

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Well, It Has To Bee Said That I've never had so much free time to do things and see stuff we were at. Brotherton park this week its only 5 mins walk and wow what an amazing place when you get in the middle of the place all you get is the birds singing running water my little one and I were throwing stones in the river it was fab. such a lovely place and really peaceful. I am there running tomorrow as it will be challenging with it being so up and down will have a massive work out. if you can get there and just relax and chill an amazing place beautiful
I spent a lot of my childhood in Brotherton Park since it was only a few minutes from home. I also used to take a short cut through the park to get to WGS from Bromborough every day; great exercise and my health was further benefitted by spending the saved bus fair on booze and fags! I took one of my daughters there a few months back on a match weekend and I must say it looked fantastic - clearly a lot of work has been put in over the years. Funnily enough a friend posted some great pics of the area on FB earlier today from her daily exercise.

Player
aldo
its an amazing place so dam good and we are so lucky to have such beauty on our doorstep I love it so peace full and I can relax there

Player
aldo
I am learning to relax again. working in a great kitchen for 30 years and taking the beatings that go on in them mentally and physically are draining on one's mind and health but in a strange way, this is what I needed. I love my job now the management are the best I have ever worked with they let you do what you do best the gang we have are laughing all the time we are getting cards sent in saying what a fab team we are I just love working where we are . and this fu%&king virus is the worst thing that could happen to us . stupid chink bastards

Player
aldo
I love my beauty of a little girl and my beautiful wife. but I need to get back to work.. the sooner the better lol

Player
ian goodison
I remember years & years ago playing for Bromborough in the Birkenhead Sunday league, does anybody remember tommy gidman? I re-call he also run a team a team who played on the bradmoor happy days

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I remember years & years ago playing for Bromborough in the Birkenhead Sunday league, does anybody remember tommy gidman? I re-call he also run a team a team who played on the bradmoor happy days
I played for Bromborough Hotel for a number of years after we resurrected the team in the BSL in about 1983/84 ish. Were you before then @keep the faith ? I remember playing most seasons on the pitch by Woodslee Primary School, but also at Plymyard and our dirst season at Leverhulme fields right down by the woods leading to Eastham Ferry (the changing rooms were containers and no showers!). Happy days! I remember the annual fair/war on the Bradmoor but struggling to remember a football pitch.

Player
ian goodison
hi onigp I was about 16/17 when I played like you at the pitch at woodslee for Bromborough but was much earlier around 65/66 I can,t remember which league the team who played at bradmoor were in but remember it was a Saturday league

Player
aldo
now into week 7 how are we all. the one thing that has cheered me up today is seeing that I have cleared my overdraft and saved a little money my garden is starting to look fantastic and so is my tan who needs to go abroad. my wife is a pain but somethings never change