• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Adam Dawson

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Joins on a 3 month loan From Kidderminster.

Prior to our recent game v the harriers I read he was a big threat for them. From what I recall he did ok at PP but did well on loan at Bristol Rovers in the last part of last season.

A creative attacking midfielder and just what we we need. Credit to MP for backing GB again. A signing I didn't see coming but one I'm pleased with. Eligible to play tomorrow too.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If it's who I think it is, i wasn't overly impressed. Didn't do much with the ball and gave it away on numerous occasions. I'm probably horribly incorrect though.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Given our recent form he'll fit in quite nicely then! ;)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Dawson is a winger I think ? This signing makes sense as Brabin wants to play a 3-5-2 to give us more creativity, but we have not got the players to play that system at present with Mekki injured and Jackson not fit enough to last ninety minutes.

The Kiddy fans reckon he is by far their best player, which is encouraging. Set up both of their goals at PP I believe.

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Can't say there's any opposing player for me who's stood out in a positive way so far this season. However, he has good reviews from Kiddy and Pirates fans and we need a winger, particularly if Mekki injured and Jackson unfit, so an encouraging addition to the Rovers ranks. Presume if he does a good job, the move will be made permanent in January.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Kiddy's bad luck is our good luck. I hope he does as well as the last player to join us because of homesickness for Merseyside. Remember Ryan Lowe? But I hope Dawson stays awhile longer.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I've just seen that he's signed on a three-month "emergency" loan. What's the emergency? I thought it was meant for when teams were short of players because of injury etc. I didn't think being homesick counted!

drwhoman

if he is any good BBTC and helps get this team on track then I think you would agree that we should not worry about the idiosyncrasies of the relevant rule LOL!). Seems the Manager has decided very quickly that his squad is not up to scratch.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
if he is any good BBTC and helps get this team on track then I think you would agree that we should not worry about the idiosyncrasies of the relevant rule LOL!). Seems the Manager has decided very quickly that his squad is not up to scratch.
I agree, drw. It seems the emergency loan system is basically the loan system which operates outside the transfer windows, as championed by our very own Mark Palios. It's in grave danger thanks to our friends in FIFA. http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/31992432

Last edited: