• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Achterberg released.

Player
Morrisey
True legend of the game and will be missed at PP. I hope he finds a decent job somewhere and is successful. I cant wait for the testimonial. There must surely be one.

Player
Goodison
madness abosolute madness, and theres no testmonial or coaching role:cry:

he should have been kept as coach/ back up player. Moore is a complete fool.
MOORE OUT!!! =D>
i can forgive him for bad tactics but this is one step too far. He doesnt even ackloledge his service to the club.

First home game of next season we should all sing for that game and every game afterwards "Theres only 1 John Achterberg" \\:D/

Player
Morrisey
He was offered a contract. He failed a medical. That is not Ronnie's falt and I am fed up of fickle fans wanting a new manager everytime they don a fresh pair of boxers. It is a shame but not madness. As for a coaching role. There is still time for that as we are two coaches down at the moment. Testimonial would be good and I am sure it will come in time.

B

Barrie

Achto

I've got to admit, i will miss Achto :-(

Great servant to the club, but can see why he was released due to injury and to free up a substantial bit of the wage bill

Good look to him for the future

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Have to agree with the last two posts....absolutely gutted Achto has been released but if he's failed a medical what else can we do.

Also knowing John I suspect he'll want to carry on playing for a bit yet, not sure if we can afford a goalkeeping coach, but could he's got all the badges so would like to see him offered a coaching role.

A true legend up with there with Eric Nixon and Dick Johnson!!!

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
gutted about him being released but thought after the coaching he was doing and with mcateer leaving he may have been given a place on the backroom staff. if we dont give him a testimonial it will be an insult to a great servant of the club.

Player
Goodison
if he has a testomonial it should be against NAC Breda of Holland bacause they were the team he made his first penalty save for.

S

slawlane

Absolutely gob smacked! Ok its understandable he's failed his fitness test and thus wont be offered a new contract, but as Brian Little once said "Johnny is one of the most professional and hard working players i've ever had the pleasure of working with". Surely thats insensitive for the club to understand the impact, loyalty and respect a player such as Johnny deserves. It would be criminal if Johnny wasn't given any coaching role or paid any tribute to his hard service, then again the Tranmere board make a habbit of tossing good players aside. Heres the infamous petition to give Johnny a testimonial at PP.

http://www.petitiononline.com/trfcjohn/petition.html

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Gutted really. I had a feeling his injury problems would get the better of him, to be fair, he's been struggling for 2 seasons now. But, that doesn't mean we can't give credit to the guy, and I think a testimonial would be a fitting way to do this. Thanks for the 9 years John!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Gutted for Johnny, but if he aint fit then the club can hardly afford to have him injured next season. Harsh but thats the reality of it all. He will be be welcome back at PP any time he wants and hopefully he'll get a testimonial, 10 years at the club and a SUPERB goalkeeper, one of the best we've ever had.

Tranmere legend, thanks John!=D>=D>=D>