• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Cup Accy V Rovers

Match result

• Accrington Stanley

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Accy V Rovers
Posted by Ian
Wham Stadium
Tuesday, August 9, 2022 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, August 9, 2022 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am not sure I would say a favourable draw was long overdue. In the last three and a half years we have had games against Spurs, Watford (twice), United and Newcastle. That is a remarkable series of fixtures against higher level opposition, and largely the result of our greater success in the early rounds of the cup competitions under Mellon.

Prior to the Spurs game we had not had a genuinely lucrative draw for over a decade, but that is another matter.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Spurs January 2019 in Fa cup
That’s more than three seasons ago. We got to round three in 2021 but drew Barnsley away. Then we lost to Leyton Orient in round two last season. Since reaching Wembley in 2000, our league cup record has been poor.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
fair play to the club tickets for the Newcastle game is £15 they could try getting more from us and also only letting the away fans with the cowsheds

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
fair play to the club tickets for the Newcastle game is £15 they could try getting more from us and also only letting the away fans with the cowsheds
Indeed, very reasonable pricing, particularly compared to the £20 charged in the previous round by Andy 'man of the people' Holt at Accrington.

I am also pleased the club resisted the temptation to give Newcastle the JK Stand, as it means I will be sitting in my regular seat rather than some EPL plastic fan.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
As well as being good PR for the club, keeping the price low should stop us losing a lot of occasional fans, who might otherwise stay at home and watch the match on TV.

It’s a shame we didn’t play them a year ago. As it is we’ll need every fan roaring us on to win this one.