• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Accrington v Rovers

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Yes. I think the return of McCullough has had a big impact. He seems comfortable at this level and if he stays fit, an important player for us.
I also think I the return of Mark Ellis has been key

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes. I think the return of McCullough has had a big impact. He seems comfortable at this level and if he stays fit, an important player for us.
He looks better at this level than League Two to me, similar to Morris. I think the more technical game in League One suits them both.

drwhoman

Fair comment re Wallace RLC but has he done anything since he left? Maybe Rovers management were in no rush to keep him given his longer term prognosis. Anyway. onward and upwards Rovers!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Fair comment re Wallace RLC but has he done anything since he left? Maybe Rovers management were in no rush to keep him given his longer term prognosis. Anyway. onward and upwards Rovers!
It was my post, drwhomsn, but I’ll take it as a compliment! I agree about Rovers management. We may moan at times but they are usually on the ball.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I think he was released by Fleetwood at the end of last season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’m unsure if Wallace is still on Fleetwood’s books as a player, but seems to be scout for them now.

Agree that we have some squad depth now, the only area we don’t really have cover for is out wide. Not our choice, but it’s a shame Villa took back Hepburn-Murphy who could function as a makeshift winger as well as up front.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how well Mark Ellis has done on returning from injury. We know what Luke McCullough can and can’t do, he seems to be improving with the more game time he is getting. Along with the additions in January, at least we are not going down without a fight, at one stage the season looked to be petering out with a whimper.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I’m unsure if Wallace is still on Fleetwood’s books as a player, but seems to be scout for them now.

Agree that we have some squad depth now, the only area we don’t really have cover for is out wide. Not our choice, but it’s a shame Villa took back Hepburn-Murphy who could function as a makeshift winger as well as up front.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how well Mark Ellis has done on returning from injury. We know what Luke McCullough can and can’t do, he seems to be improving with the more game time he is getting. Along with the additions in January, at least we are not going down without a fight, at one stage the season looked to be petering out with a whimper.
The odd thing about Hepburn-murphy is that he then went on loan to derby and I think is in there under 23 squad so not getting proper football

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The odd thing about Hepburn-murphy is that he then went on loan to derby and I think is in there under 23 squad so not getting proper football
Suppose move might have been linked to the state of our pitch, but think it would have benefitted both Rovers and the player had he stayed with us.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
It is odd since villa have there own U23 team in PL2. Ok, Derby are in PL1 but still seems a starnge loan even accepting he isn't getting open age football. A cynic would think that they don't want him around the place.

Player
aldo
RBT . has come on in the last few games lets hope he has been unleashed good and proper . also great ball buy by Morris for the first goal oh lets hope Ellis keeps getting in at the back post. he is a Lethal Weapon . and he is coming to get ya . soooooooooooo watch out

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Suppose move might have been linked to the state of our pitch, but think it would have benefitted both Rovers and the player had he stayed with us.
Although our contribution to his salary was not huge (apparently), we might also have needed to get him off the books to free up money for the Cook and Vaughan signings.