• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

12 months today

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
A year passed and still fresh in the mind (which for me is an achievement in itself!). If we falter this season we have still exceeded expectations. We had a decent cup run and finished in the top six. On-wards and upwards!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Agree entirely. It would have been disastrous if we hadn't gone up last season; if we go up this season it feel like a massive bonus (even over-achievement) … and probably cause some major management headaches!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Can't let the first anniversary of that great day pass without it's own thread!
If we suffer disappointment on Monday it will barely scratch the surface of the heartache had we not triumphed last May.
What a day.View attachment 94
Thank goodness we didn't need VAR for that winning goal. We'd still be crying now!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I still don’t think I’ll ever see a performance like it that makes you any prouder of a Tranmere side because of the way things went against us

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It was the best day I have had supporting Tranmere, and I doubt it will ever be surpassed.
Up to then, I think my first Wembley trip with Rovers for the Leyland DAF final was the best, but last May meant so much more and couldn't be beaten for excitement and tension. Even if we won this year's play-off final, it wouldn't beat it - unless we get TWO players sent off in the first minute. ;)