• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

10 games to go, so....

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
1. How many more games will we win? Leading onto:

2. Where will we finish?

Remaining Fixtures:

HOME
Oldham
Stevenage
Sheff Utd
HArtlepool
Cherries

AWAY
Warsaw
MK Fakes
Pomey
Donny
Preston

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
1. Head says 4, Heart says 6

2. Lucky to stay in 6th....

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
1. No idea; who would have reckoned on us only taking 4 points from a supposedly 'easy' February? On current form, it's hard to see us winning more than 3.

2. I'd agree we'd be lucky to stay 6th atm

The average points tally normally required for the play-offs is 75. However, because the top sides are so tightly bunched this year, it is likely to be higher, maybe around 80. If that is the case, the minimum number of wins required would be 5 and not losing any.

There are potentially 4 6-pointers amongst our fixtures; the homes against Sheffield and Bournemouth and trips to Walsall and Donny. We cannot afford to lose any of them.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Think we will get 12 points and end up 9th

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
There is some ridiculous negativity on here at the moment. Why take the last ten games as the inevitable benchmark for the next ten ? That is not how form works. Nothing is inevitable, even when the personnel remains unchanged. If it was, any divvy down the betting shop would be a millionaire.

Look at Bournemouth. One defeat in twenty. Then they sign three players for £1.5 million, are tipped by everyone to walk away with the league, and lose four in a row. Football is about momentum and confidence, and confidence can return as quickly as it is lost.

In January we had a side of the same strength as the current one, if not weaker, and won 5 out of 6 in the league. Anything approaching that form in the run-in and we will make the play-offs.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Brentford and Doncaster both lost tonight and were both appalling judging by the match stats.

More reasons to be cheerful. :)

DIW

Player
Goodison
My predictions would be

HOME
Oldham - WIN
Stevenage - DRAW
Sheff Utd - LOSE
HArtlepool - WIN
Cherries - WIN

AWAY
Warsaw - DRAW
MK Fakes - LOSE
Pomey - WIN
Donny - LOSE
Preston - DRAW

15 more points - it will be close. However other teams arte also dropping points. If we can get a win this Saturday...

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
you can revel in your moment of glory when we finish 9th

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Hope for much better if we can get on a run, but fear the form has been lost together with the will to win.

1. 10 points

2. Outside top six

It has still been a good season and the gamble of having a strong first 11/13 worked well - but struggling now.

M

Mal

Well Doncaster and Brentford lost last night. Bournemouth play Doncaster on Saturday. Swindon play Walsall, a club in good form. Brentford are at Carlisle so not a definite win for them IMO. Sheffield host Dons who shafted Doncaster last night, so who knows. Let us see what it looks like after Saturday. Things may look more positive.

Player
Liam Palmer
We shouldn't fear any of these fixtures, certainly there are three home games which we have a good chance of winning, Oldham, Stevenage and Hartlepool, added to this a couple of away fixtures where we might fancy ourselves (Walsall, Portsmouth). That would do it. I'd like to see us going win-lose rather than draw-draw in the last 10 games.

Any one of the top 9 will still fancy their chances. Often it makes more sense to have a late charge - maybe we should lose our next 5, then win the final 5, sneaking in on the last day - quite a few teams have come from nowhere to get promoted via the play-offs. The momentum would be with us.

My gut feeling is we'll make the play-offs, contrary to recent form.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We'll make the playoff's but will fail spectacularly as is the TRFC way.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
We'll make the playoff's but will fail spectacularly as is the TRFC way.

The way we performed in front of the cameras against Shrewsbury tells you everything you need to know about our chances in the play-offs. We just don't have a big club mentality and go to pieces when the spotlight is on us.

Not sure my nerves could handle the play-offs again, I remember the last time with the penalty shoot-out against Hartlepool in 04/05. Still hurts :-(

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Cov to get promoted via the play-offs.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
IF we dont make the playoffs even, I really want Yeovil to win them....

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Chaps some interesting reading in here. Lot of positivity - but way off the mark - sadly.