• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Yes I was surprised although I guess a 3 year contract was the deal breaker - relatively unheard of at this level. They’ll have a decent front two with Telford and Nadesdan next season

As Boz says we need to get some additions in asap. Don’t want any last minute scrambling for the rubbish that is left not signed up
I am sure we will some movement soon

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
EFL T Centre on Twitter says we are keen on re-signing winger Jonny Smith from Burton Albion.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
EFL T Centre on Twitter says we are keen on re-signing winger Jonny Smith from Burton Albion.
It's possible. Jonny was on loan here for our first season back in the league, but went back to Bristol City after playing in most of the league games that season. I think many of us would have been happy to see him join us permanently, but it didn't happen. After more loans out, he moved to Burton Albion just this January for an undisclosed fee, but has only featured in about half their games since. It would make sense if Micky rates him and we can afford him. He's a local lad originally, so a move back might suit.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Smith faded in the second half of his season here and it was not a surprise that we did not keep him on in League One. However, he performed very well at Oldham the following season and has not looked out of his depth in the division above at Burton.

However, as Mart says, I would take that account with a pinch of salt.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The other Rovers site has suggestions that Macdonald may be joining Accrington, but also links us with loaning their winger Sean McConville.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I liked Smith but he did go off the boil a bit. Not blessed with major pace but tricky and good coming in off the right and has an eye for goal. Must be mid 20s now so a decent age and more experienced than when last with us. Only a rumour but I’d take him.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
McConville has had a decent career at Accrington and another attacking midfielder with an eye for goal. Has only played half of their games in the last two seasons so not a shock if he left them. At 33 would be some more experience as we’ve lost quite a bit

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I liked Smith but he did go off the boil a bit. Not blessed with major pace but tricky and good coming in off the right and has an eye for goal. Must be mid 20s now so a decent age and more experienced than when last with us. Only a rumour but I’d take him.
He is 24, will be 25 end this month

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
also we need another forward who can get at least 15 and another swinger lol

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm hoping that we do start to see a few more signings imminently. At present, our defensive line-up, assuming 4 at the back, is Murphy Bristow Hockenhull Davies and Dacres-Cogley. Merrie could fill in at left-back and Bristow looks tall enough to be deployed in central defence if we wanted to play wing-backs, but after that defensively we're short of options. While we could still do with bolstering further up the park, with the players already signed up, the manager already has more choices there.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It was interesting to hear the comments from local journalists about Rhys Hughes, McAlear and Bristow on the ATTM podcast. It sounds like all three could make a real impact next season, with Hughes interesting Championship and League One clubs last January prior to his release from Everton. It is surprising there was not more of a fanfare when he signed.

It seems several of the youngsters who have arrived are here to start games next season, not just fill out the squad.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, I agree. It's difficult to hype a young player though as so far they have done very little in the game. We still need to make sure we are not short of experience so I'm hoping for a few more signings soon.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Keillor-Dunne has gone to Burton, so another mooted signing to cross off the list.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Keillor-Dunne has gone to Burton, so another mooted signing to cross off the list.

A shame but can’t blame him joining a league one club. We move on. Wonder if this will further mean less opportunities for Jonny smith so could hasten his return to PP (although only a rumour)

Status
Not open for further replies.