• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
So you're not expecting anyone else in, RLC?
I think we will sign another defender, but it will be funded by players moving out, whether those that have already left or some further departures. I never did think there was a huge pot of additional money to spend in January.

I am not remotely ITK, so that is purely a guess. :)

Reactions: Boz

ADD

Player
Norwood
Watson was a strange one - on paper easily good enough to be a regular starter and potentially one of the first names on the team sheet but for whatever reason it never happened.
Still good news that we have been able to offload him and with a fee albeit likely nominal but also as said should mean a decent saving on the wage bill as he would have been one of those on an above average salary. Would be good to get a couple more out - Maguire and Mani the obvious ones though that will clearly be harder.
Wonder also what is happening with Hawkes - COVID abating big time so if he is coming back hope it will be confirmed soon...

Player
aldo
think we will see a few going out and would not be surprised to see a couple more permanent one's cone in,I like the fact the club are trying too keep things under wraps makes it better when things happen

Player
ian goodison
Watson playing in front of smaller crowds wont bother him if he,s playing regular football and gets a similar wage, shame as he looked a good player but never knew what his best position was, still good luck to the lad

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I didn’t see anything in him too suggest he was a good player. I’m sure he is but his performances in a white shirt were very underwhelming.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I was thinking about contracts the other day. Someone like Tom Davies is I think on a one year deal so need to snap him up but I guess will it all have to wait until we know what division we’re in

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am sure we are in contract talks with the players we want to keep, but the players hold the cards at this stage.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I was thinking about contracts the other day. Someone like Tom Davies is I think on a one year deal so need to snap him up but I guess will it all have to wait until we know what division we’re in
We have extended Nevitts contract and can try with others

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
If we need a back up centre back we could bring in someone like matty williams who impressed me at Chester. Young with potential but has highly admired with Chester fans. Wouldn’t cost much either and could learn the ropes from Clarke

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
If we need a back up centre back we could bring in someone like matty williams who impressed me at Chester. Young with potential but has highly admired with Chester fans. Wouldn’t cost much either and could learn the ropes from Clarke
Yes it would be good to get a young lad in with potential.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Micky said we are hoping we maybe able get a few things done in relation to further signings

Reactions: Ian

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
“We're hoping that we can get a few things done and also players finding football elsewhere when they're not playing for you (Tranmere).

"That can maybe go right to the end of the window but I'm not really heavily involved in that. That's up to the player and his agent, to maybe go and try and find football elsewhere if they don't think they're getting enough here and it suits both sides and the dog's tail is wagging for everybody.

"The ins - we're hoping to be able to do a few things."

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
“We're hoping that we can get a few things done and also players finding football elsewhere when they're not playing for you (Tranmere).

"That can maybe go right to the end of the window but I'm not really heavily involved in that. That's up to the player and his agent, to maybe go and try and find football elsewhere if they don't think they're getting enough here and it suits both sides and the dog's tail is wagging for everybody.

"The ins - we're hoping to be able to do a few things."
Mani and Maguire if they can get rid

Player
Ian Goodison
Patrick Roberts signs for Sunderland from Man City in a deal worth a reported upto £3m.

That must be a record signing for League One, surprised a promotion chasing Championship club didn't come in for him.

Still only 24

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don't think they've had to cough much up front though.