• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Euro 2020

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought it might be worth starting a thread for those that are interested.

The Wales - Turkey game tonight is the most entertaining I have seen so far, with inspirational performances from Bale and Ramsey.

I was really encouraged by England on Sunday. A fearless performance, with a lot more energy and confidence than we have seen in the past. I think we might give the Scots a good hiding on Friday, although winning the group will probably result in a game against Portugal or Germany in the next round.

France beat a fairly average Germany without breaking sweat last night, and certainly look the strongest side overall.

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
Wales really made hard work of it Though a 2-0 win is a good win, onto the next round now. England would be better off finishing second in their group as it looks like it would give then an easier last sixteen game.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Italy looked impressive although against a poor team, I expect them to win again tonight.

It will be a battle on Friday but England should have too much for Scotland.

Thought Germany were fairly average and Spain not much better, I fancy France to win it.

Player
Manager
John King
I actually thought Wales thoroughly deserved to win tonight. They have got a great team spirit, and with Bale, Ramsey and James they actually have more quality than a lot of sides.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, I thought Wales were very good tonight. They would still struggle against the better teams but they showed good work rate and spirit and deserved the win. Bales penalty was a shocker though.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Another good win for Italy who haven’t really been tested yet. I thought the Swiss were very poor.

Player
Manager
John King
Italy are a hardworking, efficient team, but I don't think they have got enough really top players to actually win it.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Big game tonight I fancy an England win 2 0 kane and sterling with the goals.

I'm not a fan of var but it is being used so much better and so much quicker than in the prem and in the main the refs are letting games flow

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It’s actually a little refreshing to see refs waving on play and booking players for diving or falling over at the slightest touch, something that has bugged me for years.

Player
aldo
I have to agree it annoys me so much, I am glad I am working and not seeing much of it we doing curry and a beer for the game just £5 then home to watch the rest of it

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Poor half England.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Far too slow, poor performance can see a defeat if dont improve

Player
Manager
John King
A disappointing performance, with the England players failing to cope with the pressure of the game and rise to the challenge. Lethargic in and out of possession.

However, we have now effectively qualified for the next round.