• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Next Tranmere manager

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Lee McCulloch who was assistant at Dundee has left to go to hearts so micky needs to bring one in, could be Jacko

drwhoman

Indeed. He certainly knows the area from his time at Everton. He will have a lot of contacts in the game in England and abroad. He talks well as a pundit. I liked him as a player. But no experience of L2 and a rookie manager, so quite a risk. However, he might be worth it.
I would be loath to choose a high profile individual with no experience at L1 or L2 level. Given the financial times we live in we cannot afford to take a big risk. So Tim it is then! (LOL)!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I would be loath to choose a high profile individual with no experience at L1 or L2 level. Given the financial times we live in we cannot afford to take a big risk. So Tim it is then! (LOL)!
Shame on you! I thought you’d stick up for the Aussie!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Kane Wilson signed 2 year deal for Forest Green, disappointing that he has ended there I thought he would get a league 1 team easily..shame that we didn't go in for him.

ADD

Player
Norwood
yes I agree Bigmart - shows a lack of ambition good enough for L1 at least and I felt lower level Championship possibly also BUT he will be on big bucks relatively speaking - will be very very good in L2 and might have done a deal whereby if someone comes in for him at a certain price he has a right to leave... imagine the hysterics that will produce when Vince makes £500k transfer fee in a year's time:)

Player
Ian Goodison
Not Ryan Lowe

Takes Bury up they go bust

Takes Plymouth up now restructuring and in trouble

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Alan nixon reckons we have met a couple of candidates but no names, hopefully things will move quickly when the start date for new season is known.

Player
aldo
was talking to jimmy Harvey today. think he was joking but he said he was being interviewed on Tuesday???? I love Jim grown up watching him and watched him lift the Leyland daf trophy. but I would have to say no Jim

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
was talking to jimmy Harvey today. think he was joking but he said he was being interviewed on Tuesday???? I love Jim grown up watching him and watched him lift the Leyland daf trophy. but I would have to say no Jim
One of my proudest moments was seeing Jim lift that trophy at Wembley. I never thought I’d see my team win anything under the twin towers. Since then I’ve seen a few wins there, but I wonder when the next time will be. Maybe next season? We can all hope. ;)

Player
aldo
I would love us to win at Wembley or win the LG and show two fingers up to parry and the other clubs for demoting us

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Decision to be made next week according to the source on the other site.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Decision to be made next week according to the source on the other site.

yes you wonder if all interviews now done and palios thinking about it over the weekend.

Anthony Barry now a major favourite. Surely MP won’t take the risk after what happened with Edwards. One reason he went for micky was his record of promotions at that level. That’s why I hope it isn’t someone inexperienced or a big name like fowler

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I suppose the difference to 2014 is that Barry will inherit some decent players and have a reasonable budget, but still a risk I agree.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Let’s face it. Any appointment would be a gamble. Remember how hopeful we were when Micky Adams was appointed? At least Anthony Barry would have new ideas, a good track record in coaching with Wigan and be local. He should also be available and cheap!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Rob Edwards was available and cheap too though! If we were still in L1 would be more relaxed about who we appointed, but we’re now 1 relegation away from non-league football again and in my view can’t afford to have someone who’s learning on the job. That’s not to say that an experienced manager would guarantee success either.

drwhoman

I freely admit my ignorance in having never heard of Barry. A quick look at Wiki tells me that he is local and has a lot of experience in our playing zone. He would be a risk albeit a cheap one. Whoever we pick must be someone who can energise the players as, like us, they will be pretty pissed off with what has happened. We do not want more wanting to go due to concern at the appointment of an inexperienced person. What would Clarke think foe example?

drwhoman

An interesting article on roversrearguard. Maybe Barry is not so left field as I thought. The lack of experience in the top job is the key issue but everyone has to start somewhere! Might McNulty come back as his no 2?