• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Southend

Rovers v Southend
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Friday, October 18, 2019 - 07:45 PM
Until: Friday, October 18, 2019 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
Looks like they are not going to have a manager . Witch is great let's kick employees while there down . Hoping for a big win 4-0

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
You'd think we'd be hot favourites given recent form and I'll be gutted if we don't win with much harder games to come. On current form, they are the worst team in the division. However, they can't be taken for granted. They nearly always score one or two goals and won at Stadium MK last month. If we can get an early lead and dominate play, we should be OK. Complacency is our worst enemy and I would expect Micky to make sure they go with the right attitude.

I would expect an unchanged team - with possibly Perkins for RHM.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Well Henrik Larsson is now not going to be their manager, a big chance to put a lot of distance between us them im going for a win to us 2 1

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It will be interesting to see what team Micky goes with. I think Gilmour and CBT both deserve to start after their contribution on Sunday, but we could be spoilt for choice in midfield with Perkins and Danns available again. My guess would be that MM will feel he does not need a holding midfielder for this game and will start with Perkins, Danns and Gilmour, with Potter on the bench, but who knows. Although CBT is not a striker, I think he will play up front just off Payne.

Despite the euphoria of the result at the weekend, it is worth bearing in mind that a Southend victory is more likely on current form than our win at Coventry was, so we certainly can't take anything for granted. However, a victory would be a huge boost and would put us in a position of relative comfort.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What a great week it would be if we could manage a result. I'm confident we can take some points here especially if we have a few more players back to bolster midfield. I'd expect Perkins to come back into the side and give us some more legs in there. Is Mullin OK for this game or is he still out after his injury on Sun? CBT deserves a start after that great strike.

Player
Norwood
Great strike though it was from CBT, I thought that part from a couple of decent wingy runs in the first 15 minutes, he left us wide open when we lost possession, with his poor defensive abilities. Micky must have been pulling his hair out as he ambled around looking unsure where he should be. Things improved when when he was swapped over though, and his pace was always potentially a worry for them.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Bizarre that complacency could be the biggest threat here, bearing in mind a difficult start to the season, but it probably is. We know how competitive this league is and if the players are even 1% off the pace we will come a cropper. We need a big performance and hopefully we'll come away with maximum points. More players becoming available will help as competition for a shirt grows. I'll agree with @bigmart 2-1.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I would be disappointed if Gilmour and CBT were not in the starting line-up after their decent showings in the last couple of games. Danns, Jennings and perhaps Perkins will be available, so difficult decisions for Micky to make.

I don't think this will be an easy game, despite Southend's current woes and lack of manager. Would certainly expect them to score so Rovers will need at least a couple to win. It will be interesting to see if the crowds hold up for the Friday night fixture, giving the Shrimpers travelling support will be understandably down.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
CBT's all round performance was not great on Sunday, but he still effectively won us the game with a moment of brilliance. If he plays up front he won't have the same defensive responsibilities as out wide and I think Micky will start with him in Mullin's absence.

Although young players should not be blooded at the expense of the team as a whole, it is important for their development that they are rewarded when they contribute.

Player
Norwood
CBT's all round performance was not great on Sunday, but he still effectively won us the game with a moment of brilliance. If he plays up front he won't have the same defensive responsibilities as out wide and I think Micky will start with him in Mullin's absence.

Although young players should not be blooded at the expense of the team as a whole, it is important for their development that they are rewarded when they contribute.
Good call. I think he leaves us open too much when out wide, but could be a useful striker with some support from Payne.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with MH re Mark's positive impression and smart response to the Bury fan, who certainly wasn't doing their cause any good.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Slightly off topic sorry Ian but did anyone else listen into this superb 2 hour radio 5 live interview with Mark tonight? Beautified even more by the crank from Forever Bury & his obsession to dance on our pitch! Great retort from Mark!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0009brl
Just listening to it. It's fascinating and informative. Mark Palios has torn up the traditional business model of running a football club and his alternative plans for the future of the club deserve serious consideration. Also the other Mark (Chapman) always amazes me with his overall sporting knowledge. He's one of BBC Sport's top assets.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
I was only thinking the same thing about Mr Chapman last night. He fronts the NFL show & he’s great on that too. Anyway, I digress...

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Injury curse strikes again. Gilmour did his knee in training and is going for a scan. Banks out for 3 months - also injured in training. Danns and Kane Wilson back in the squad. Ferrier has started running.

Banks is a blow as he’s been better of late and we have no one else like him.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Injury curse strikes again. Gilmour did his knee in training and is going for a scan. Banks out for 3 months - also injured in training. Danns and Kane Wilson back in the squad. Ferrier has started running.

Banks is a blow as he’s been better of late and we have no one else like him.
Nooooo ...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
There is something not right with all these injuries..

drwhoman

As I have said before, you wonder about the trading regime. Injuries always occur but there must be more than bad luck about our predicament.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
As I have said before, you wonder about the trading regime. Injuries always occur but there must be more than bad luck about our predicament.

Micky mentions the training routine - almost expecting any sort of inference that it could be causing the issues. Both Harvey and Olis injuries sounded innocuous. The only thing I thought of is that Micky has said previously that training has to be at a league one tempo and level and you wonder whether some players aren’t up to the physical side of it....