• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Sky Blues v Rovers (at St Andrews)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is worth pointing out there was a tactical switch at half time from Micky which was vital to the victory. In the first half CBT was not tracking their full back, so MM swapped him and Hepburn Murphy round. Rushian was much more willing to defend and of course CBT scored the winner.

Just the latest in a series of games under MM where a tactical tweak during the match was crucial to the result (Boreham Wood at Wembley, Lincoln home and away last season, extra time v Newport, and so on).

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Lovely strike..

Player
aldo
seen them what a goal . its great hearing how bitter and twisted some get when there team get the smash and grab win robins has had a good rant . oh well we have been on our fair share of em to .lets hope the lads can go on a run now and move up the table . Friday is so important we need to win its a must even if its like today i don,t care a win is a win . lets fill the place lets roar the boys home

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Great team effort and totally agree with RLC that MOM was Stefan Payne, not only for his role in the winner but for his work rate in support of the defence, brilliant.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He does work hard and those defensive headers were awesome!

Player
aldo
i know payne does take some stick but if he keeps playing like that he will be good for us . just needs to score more regular .oh he is only one yellow from missing a game

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
In fairness to Payne, he is still our joint top scorer and his goals to games ratio is not bad at all (four in nine I think).