• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Fresh investment imminent? Simon Nainggolan?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I
I wonder how much of that will be set aside for the playing squad while the transfer season is open, if any?
I have no idea, but I think we still owe PJ money and Palios would probably want to recoup some of the money he has put in over the last five years. However, I would imagine there would be something left for the playing budget.

No deal is signed until it is signed however.

Player
Norwood
Might also result in some work on the pitch! There was some talk of a guy called Maddox signing on loan from Chelsea?
Not sure we need another 20 year old with potential.....I'd love to see someone like Glen Murray...a tough proven scorer, but one who wants to drop down and play at a decent ground. A bit like what we attracted a few years ago.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Cheltenham fans, who saw him on loan last season, seemed to think Maddox went missing when the going got tough. Think I'd rather see a promising young full-back or tackling midfielder loaned off a Prem side at the moment.

However, let's see the colour of this guy's money if he does invest in Rovers before we get too excited.

Player
Manager
John King
Cheltenham fans, who saw him on loan last season, seemed to think Maddox went missing when the going got tough. Think I'd rather see a promising young full-back or tackling midfielder loaned off a Prem side at the moment.

However, let's see the colour of this guy's money if he does invest in Rovers before we get too excited.
We are short in those areas, but we could also do with genuine width. Maddox was good in both games against Cheltenham last season, and he will be playing with a better calibre of player and under a better manager at Prenton Park.

I don't think anybody is getting excited, but we surely realise the club needs investment to be viable in the long term.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I didn't think Maddox or anyone else in the poor Cheltenham side stood out during our first home game back in the FL, but maybe he was better on home turf.

Sure we need investment. I was agreeing with your earlier assessment about others having a claim on any money coming in and note of caution about the deal not yet being signed.

Player
aldo
would have thought a small amount would go to mm . would think mp would want to use some of it to help build more stuff in the club for the long term

Player
Manager
John King
I didn't think Maddox or anyone else in the poor Cheltenham side stood out during our first home game back in the FL, but maybe he was better on home turf.

Sure we need investment. I was agreeing with your earlier assessment about others having a claim on any money coming in and note of caution about the deal not yet being signed.
I thought Maddox was their best player at Prenton Park, and Gary Johnson actually said the same at the time I seem to recall. In the away match he was the best player on the pitch in the first half, but faded when we overpowered them after half time.

He will be raw, but he stood out as having talent.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The rumour is a 25% stake for £3 million.
This sounds positive and almost a done deal, so let's be optimistic. However whether Micky sees any of it remains to be seen. It depends on what the arrangement is.

If Simon is simply buying a quarter of the existing shares from Mark and Nicola, no new money will come into the club. All that will happen is that the Palioses get some of their investment back.

On the other hand, if new shares are being issued, then the club's assets will rise by £3 million and this can be spent any way the board chooses. If this is the arrangement, then I assume Simon and the Palioses will have discussed how the new cash will be spent. Paying off debtors (like PJ for the Ferrier fee and the inevitable bank loans), urgent repairs and other investment plans may take a lot of the money. There is no way MM will get a shed load of cash to spend so late in the transfer window, but we may see new players in January. Also, I suspect that this investment may only be the start.

Player
Manager
John King
This sounds positive and almost a done deal, so let's be optimistic. However whether Micky sees any of it remains to be seen. It depends on what the arrangement is.

If Simon is simply buying a quarter of the existing shares from Mark and Nicola, no new money will come into the club. All that will happen is that the Palioses get some of their investment back.

On the other hand, if new shares are being issued, then the club's assets will rise by £3 million and this can be spent any way the board chooses. If this is the arrangement, then I assume Simon and the Palioses will have discussed how the new cash will be spent. Paying off debtors (like PJ for the Ferrier fee and the inevitable bank loans), urgent repairs and other investment plans may take a lot of the money. There is no way MM will get a shed load of cash to spend so late in the transfer window, but we may see new players in January. Also, I suspect that this investment may only be the start.
I think it will be the latter suggestion. I think there are director's loans outstanding to Palios, but I seriously doubt that he is looking to take out a significant amount of his capital investment. I think a substantial sum would be ultimately made available to Mellon, albeit not necessarily immediately. I think the intention of the deal is to increase the playing budget.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
That's my view too, RLC, although quite how much money will be available for players remains to be seen. I would expect Mark is trying to lift the playing budget back up to "top third". TRFC seems a good investment at the moment (if any EFL club is) and this deal will provide funds for investments which are not possible at the moment.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agreed guys. MP knows that without that budget it's going to be a struggle this season. It's a great time to invest as the club is now back on its feet and moving the right way.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
I notice the mugs shown on the other tweets seem to have "Championship 202?" printed on them, so there's ambition for you:thumbsup:

• Haha
Reactions: Ian
Player
aldo
tell ya what some of the feed back i am getting at the mo . and the happy people i am having is realy pleasing . also i have had 3 parties in the last week booking in on feed back of others talking about what we are doing . come down lads have a curry and a beer . or a bacon cheese burger the curry is either THAI GREEN OR MADRAS

Player
aldo
its looking more like it could be announced soon as he is all over the Rovers . hope its positive and the club keeps moving forward

Player
Manager
John King
Nainggolan has said on Instagram that the deal will be announced in the first week in September.

drwhoman

This is good news although like any partnership arrangement it will need goodwill on both sides to ensure that ongoing relationships are smooth. MP might see this as the first step in his withdrawal given his past health issues. As an Accountant I am sure that he will ensure that new money is spent in the most effective way. We need a statue for this guy, given what he has done for Rovers over the years.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
This all sounds very positive..