• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Your First Tranmere match?

• Thread starter Birkenhead Born and Bred
  • Start date
B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

My first Tranmere match was aginst Derby and we won 5-1 at Prenton Park in 1995 i've never looked back since I was 6 nearly 7 then i'm now 17.

What was your first match you went to and what was the score? If you remember?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
good question, thats a good thng we can all talk about.

hmmm....mine was against Charlton Athletic, august 1995.
We drew 0-0. game wasnt up to much but still its were it all began for me.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
yep 17 \:D/

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

My first away game was against West Brom I think when they had the three stands and it was on the tele AND WE GOT BEAT 2-1

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
ohh yer that was when koumas scored that free kick.

mine was v west brom too, but in 1997. Lost 2-1 :cry:

Peschisolido and McDermott scored fro albion both goasl came in 35th min and kelly got a consolation near the end.

ahh memories

M

Matthew The Rover

First game:

1994, Tranmere 1-0 Luton Town
Aldridge

4 then, 15 now.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
mmmm... i'm really not sure what my 1st game was... it was before PP became allseated anyway. One of the 1st games I remember but it definitely wasn't my 1st was when we drew 1-1 at home against Man City when Brannan equalised in the 5th minute of stoppage time. My 1st away game was at Ipswich i think... we won 2-1 with Aldridge and Bennett turning the game round near the end.

B

Banana Army

My first game was 16th January 1994. I was 5 at the time, now 17. Sat in the mainstand and we lost 2-1. First away game was a 3 months later. We won 3-1 away at west brom. We were in our green strip. I think they scored first.

B

Banana Army

Lol. Just had a look and 3 of us had our firat away games at the hawthorns, but none of them were the same game, even though we're all the same age.

M

Matthew The Rover

My first away game was a 2-0 defeat at Crewe when I was about 6. It was when we still had a Band (as in a Tranmere band who went to all the games)

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
ohh yer the band, I remember them. shame we dont still have one.

M

Matthew The Rover

bolton_hater said:
ohh yer the band, I remember them. shame we dont still have one.

Shame we don't still have a drum, let alone a band! The drum used to really get the crowd (and often the players) going.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Annoyingly, and also quite embarrasingly, I don't remember my first TRFC game although it was about 17 years ago.. :oops:

S

Seanyb

I was brought up as a Liverpool fan so I went to a reserve game, TRFC vs Liverpool and Tranmere won 4-2. From then on, I was converted!!!

Can't remember what year, but I was a kid anyway.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I was brought5 up as a Liverpool fan and an Everton fan because my mum supports Liverpool and my dad supports Everton but once I started going the tranmere games there was no chance of me supporting that shit. Tranmere are my local team and thats who I follow!

C

ChiefRich

November 1991 - beat Runcorn 3-0 in the FA Cup first round. Aldridge bagged a brace. I was 6 years old. Classic.

First away game was Aston Villa away in the Coca Cola Semi Final in Feb 1994. Think we all know how it went. Classic, but for very different reasons. Still, although I was only 8 years old at the time, I was very proud. Couldn't talk for about 5 days afterwards.

Actually no, I went to Swindon away in the Playoff Semi Final the year before when I was 7. That wasn't that good a day out - good old Steve Vickers OG (one of only two players known throughout football as his surname followed by the word "O.G." - guess who the other one is!) struck again after about 4 seconds and the rest was Don Goodman playing in the Premiership.

Went regularly until about 1995-6 then inexplicably stopped going. Still went occasionally though. Got back into it a couple of years later when we played Newcastle at home in the Worthington and lost 1-0. Have gone to most home games since. Stopped going regularly when came to Sheffield but try when I can.
Sorry thought I'd use this forum for some therapy about it.

smilingmart

My first TRFC games was when I five. I can't remember it because I was so young but 19 years later I'm still a white despite my brother deserting to the red half of liverpool :roll: