• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Your First Tranmere match?

• Thread starter Birkenhead Born and Bred
  • Start date
Player
Morrisey
Aston Villa away in the Coca Cola Semi Final in Feb 1994

I think that was my first away game too! but I can't remember if it was that or Birmingham away!

first home game was Forrest! Same as my brother!

DixieDean

Wednesday 29th August 1979.

League Cup, home tie v Liverpool (0-0)

I stood in the away end with my dad.

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Aye I was a Liverpool fan as a kid, but me Dad used to take me to Rovers on and off during the late 70's.

Lost all interest in footy after I had to pack in playing, then started following Rovers results in the late 80's.

First Rovers game as an adult was last game of the season I think 93/94 against Birmingham. Got beat but they went down anyway.

Been a season ticket holder when I can afford it ever since.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
my first cup game was agasint qpr back when they were premiership and we lost 2-0 fac up 3rd round. i loved the fac upever since then cos it really was an enjoybal day an a great atmosphere.

og in oz

My first game was the 87/88 season cant remember who but after that i was hooked, we had jk as manager, daf cup playoffs more daf cup more playoffs, magic times.
Oh how i wish we still had them

Player
Johnny Morrissey
1st game when I was 6 - 1988/89 Fa Cup 3rd round home vs Reading - 1-1. Quite a decent game as I recall, they were 2 leagues above I think but we should have won. They beat us at Elm Park in the replay :(

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

My first cup game.... erm... I cant reember it was properley some time in 1995 because thats when I first started going.

Do you remeber your first cup game you went to as well?

Claire

Can't remember the exact dates but sometime in the mid to late 80's (no doubt the statto's amongst you will know when I mean) for a load of friendlies to raise some desperately needed funds against now premiership opposition, Tranmere were in the 4th division then.

Also went regular Friday nights in 88/89. Stopped for a while when the kids were young and have now been a season ticket holder for the last 5/6 years.

Claire

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
actaully, QPR was my first FA cup game, but my first overall cup game was v oldham in the coca-cola cup september 95, won 2-0. i think.