• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

yoevil v rovers

Player
aldo
well peoples im gonna be getting up dates on this from spain we are there for a week . soo looking forward to it ..... now lets hope we keep up the good form yeovil have had one freak score 6-0 win away but apart from that just not been great so we need to show the same drive we have had against some of the top teams we have played . im going for 2-0 hoping harvey or banks to get em . with nors getting one aswell . not sure numbers going there would hope 600-800 . witch is around what we have been getting away from home . speak next saturday when home

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
Tough long trip and think we'll only take closer to 4-500 if i'm honest given that the club and OSC coaches aren't full yet. I'll take any draw right now!

Wonder if the club are going to be staying down in the SW area as we have an away game at FGR on Tuesday, be pointless to come back up for 1 day of training and then set off back down to the wilderness of Nailsworth...

Player
aldo
well yeovil have a host of players injured and some suspended . gonna stay positive and still to my score

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
They are on a bad run at the moment and I think we will add to it winning 2 1

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Cant wait for this one. They were the most famous non-league team when I was growing up, and I always hoped that I would go to The Huish. It used to have a horrendous slope which was notorious when they were beating league teams in the cup.

They do have a few injuries, and rovers are on a great run, so I am going for a 3-1 win, with Nors, Smith and Gilmour on the score-sheet.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Huish Park has not been a happy hunting ground for Rovers, we've lost on our last 5 visits. The hosts started this season brightly, but have slumped recently, not helped by a couple of long term injuries. Hopefully a good time to be playing them and break the recent hoodoo. I'd expect a similar starting xi to the Macclesfield game.

Player
ian goodison
hard to predict to be honest they thrashed Newport 6-0 then faded Newport on the other hand beat us at home next game just glad I don,t do the fixed odds !!!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The Huish was a different ground to Huish Park, Yeovil's current home. The new ground opened nearly three decades ago now.

It is always good to visit Yeovil, despite our terrible record there: a friendly club in a nice part of the world. Our last match there was a 1-0 defeat under Ronnie Moore in 2013 when The Glovers were on their way to a brief stay in The Championship, and we were beginning our long slide to non-league oblivion.

I know very little about Yeovil's squad, although ex-Oxford striker Alex Fisher seems to be their main threat. They are on a poor run but they are comfortably placed in mid-table and I doubt this game will be the walk in the park some people are expecting. Every match at this level is highly competitive and Saturday will be no different.

I expect we will line up with an unchanged team, although the manager's plan to put Williams on the bench has been scuppered by a groin injury he suffered in training.

Prediction: a draw or narrow Rovers victory with 3-400 SWA in attendance.

Last edited:
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
As RLC says, our last trip to Yeovil was in 2012-13, when we were still in the play-off positions despite losing 6 out of the previous 9 games. Before that, we had a run of four wins so on Saturday we have a chance to emulate this for the first time since in the EFL. As usual this season, this is another game which is difficult to call. Every game has been a draw or decided by the odd goal, except for Carlisle when it might have been closer if the home team had scored from their late penalty. Since that 6-0 win at Newport, the Glovers have not won in six (including an EFL Trophy game). On form, everything points to a Rovers win but I am expecting another close encounter, perhaps 2-1.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Whilst we might have spent three seasons in the bin, I think we are still regarded as a "big" name and promotion hasn't lost that tag.
We're still a great scalp for any team in our division and Yeovil are no exception. They'll be up for it but it does seem they'll be short of some regulars.
Two tricky away games in quick succession which you'd take a point from each.
A win and a loss would be more points though!
With Gilmore on fire we've got to be optimistic ⚽

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Whilst we might have spent three seasons in the bin, I think we are still regarded as a "big" name and promotion hasn't lost that tag.
We're still a great scalp for any team in our division and Yeovil are no exception. They'll be up for it but it does seem they'll be short of some regulars.
Two tricky away games in quick succession which you'd take a point from each.
A win and a loss would be more points though!
With Gilmore on fire we've got to be optimistic ⚽

I wouldn't at this stage take a point, we are on a good run, confidence should be high get on the front foot and put them to the sword

joe

Saw the team coach leaving the ground at midday yesterday. Looks like they are staying overnight somewhere the game.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I wouldn't at this stage take a point, we are on a good run, confidence should be high get on the front foot and put them to the sword
That's a fair point. We've shown already we can match the best in this league. Our away form is decent and the players should be confident going into this one.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Buxton out apparently injured, Sutton replaces him. Monthe at left back.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Shame Monthe and Big Mac’s partnership has been split but I’ve a big fan of Sutton. Just hope he’s fit enough.

Buxton does miss his fair share of games through injury

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Buxton injured? Doesn’t feature at all after a good showing last Friday. Monthe goes to left-back and surprisingly after he looked incredibly rusty at Shrewsbury, Sutton preferred to Ellis. Only 6 subs again, couldn’t we have spared one of the youngsters...

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Don't think Macca will be too concerned to see Ritchie back alongside him. Ellis must consider himself well down the pecking order now.
Super Striker Sutton to score?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree a fully fit Sutton works better on the left of a central defensive pairing than Ellis, but if Sutton is still rusty there will be problems.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Sutton's doing OK here. Could go anyway but Norwood looks too isolated up front. Having said that a bit of quality upfront could see us take the lead. Yeovil look short of confidence but have some dangerous players. Currently looking like a draw if this continues. Let's hope for more excitement second half.