• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Wrexham v Rovers

frenchrover

Player
aldo
A really great performance yesterday, in increasingly difficult conditions. The workrate of the team was tremendous throughouf, from front to back we never let Wrexham settle on the ball. This, together with the state of the pitch, which towards the end was becoming almost unplayable, no doubt was taking its total on the players stamina. The decision to bring Mekki on surprised me given the state of the pitch as his style of play, twisting and turning leading to forward drives, did not lend itself to the conditions. The result, 1-0, flattered Wrexham and in better conditions I believe we would have won by a bigger margin.
MOM, for me, nowithstanding that each Rovers player was excellent yesterday, was the SWA who played the 12th man role to perfection..."On our way.." ....long may this continue as it will be vital in the coming weeks.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thanks Mal. It explains the Wallace situation, though is a bit unclear when Maynard will be back in action.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not taking anything away from the Rovers performance, but I thought Wrexham looked fairly flat and lacked any real drive or cutting edge to their play. I felt that from the supporters too who seem to be going through the motions.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Not taking anything away from the Rovers performance, but I thought Wrexham looked fairly flat and lacked any real drive or cutting edge to their play. I felt that from the supporters too who seem to be going through the motions.
They know they will be stuck in this league for yet another year. What must be particularly galling is that the manager they sacked earlier in the season is guiding York to safety and has already got them to Wembley.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Wrexham probably can't hope for more than the play-offs at best in a good year in their current circumstances. Mills didn't do a good job of strengthening the side in the summer, the side we beat 2-0 in Micky's first game was one lacking in fight. No surprise he got the chop. Mills is a manager who can make an immediate impact, he has done at York, but long term doesn't do so well.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Mills nearly ruined Wrexham this season. If he had stayed, it is quite possible they would have ended up in the same position as Stockport.

The Wrexham fans might be galled at his short-term success at York, but they would not want him anywhere near their club again.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I don't think Wrexham will miss Mills but giving a 3 and a half year contract to manager Keates was madness given his experience. I'm all for giving young managers a chance but we did that with Rob Edwards.

May sound harsh but Keates didnt come across that well to me on screen, may have been nervous but even Ronnie was openly questioning his decision to play a narrow diamond formation. He has a poor squad so will need some big signings in the summer.

If Wrexham start next season poorly do they stick with him or sack him? For all his fault us they would be better with Brabin in charge or even Ronnie

drwhoman

Great result although I have just seen the goal. From the side of the post angle was the Vaughan shot going wide until the defender intervened? Still. We will take al

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Great result although I have just seen the goal. From the side of the post angle was the Vaughan shot going wide until the defender intervened? Still. We will take al
I think it's clear from the third angle that it was going wide. The young lad was unlucky that he made the effort to cover, then got wrong footed. Horrible for him on his debut. Goal or own goal, I think only Lee will worry about that.

drwhoman

I agree BBTC. I mangled my last post of course. I meant to conclude by saying that we would take all the luck we could get! The Wrexham stadium (how do they maintain it?) brought back memories of a game there I saw around 1970. Scotland beat Wales 5-3. Great headed goals from Ron and Wyn Davies. I can still remember the thud when Tommy Lawrence, the flying pig, landed after trying to save one of them! Scotland had a decent team in those days. I also remember A Scottish fan being carried INTO the ground by two of his mates who were also carrying crates of beer! Sorry to sound prudish but behaviour at football grounds has improved even if there is always a minority of yobbos.

Player
Manager
John King
I would guess that we are all Dagenham supporters tonight then ?

I just hope the team that beat us at Prenton Park turns up.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hawkins who scored at PP for daggers off injured unfortuntately

Player
Manager
John King
Daggers getting battered although Lincoln have not had many chances. Can only see a Lincoln win if the second half is a repeat however.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Bugger.. Daggers not looking great here.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Can't believe this is the Daggers side that were so against us at PP.

Lincoln are just a bunch of bullies

GAME OVER 2-0

Player
Manager
John King
Terrible game to watch, but Lincoln have outmuscled them all over the pitch. Still seven games to go, just got to keep winning.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes we need to win every game we play and hope they slip up at some point. Not impossible

Player
Manager
John King
Ah yes, two nil up and readh goes down for a tactical timeout......